Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Another win in Tunica

That's right folks, I won the $125.00 buy-in Tues night at the Gold Strike. They have been having nightly $125.00 buy-ins while the circuit event was in town, and Wild Bill and I played in this one because we could not get to the the second chance tournament at the Grand. There were 60-70 people in it, and the blinds started at $25-$25 and went up every 20 minutes. We chose not to chop because Bill and I were both on the table when we were down to 5, and we thought we could get 1st and 2nd.

I got 1st and Bill got 4th as we had a stacked GCP final table. We took home a majority of the prize pool even though we did not get 1st and 2nd. I feel I played well, but I also got alot of things go my way. I had 2 times when I called with the big stack and spike and Ace to finish off a couple of people. Once I had Ad9h and I called my opponents all-in that held JdJs, and the other was A-J against Q-Q. Mt table image was also solid also. Bill and I talked about it. There was several spots where I took down pots because the guy just did not want to tangle with me.

Our business meeting went really well. You guys may see some new stuff coming out that Bill and I will be heading up in the Gulf Coast region. We both busted out of the tournaments last night, and we are heading to the Horseshoe tonight. We may stop in at he Grand and sweat a little of the circuit final table. Jordan "iMsoLucky0" Morgan is the chip leader. Don;t worry Tex...I will tell him you said "Hi".

We also want to give props out to our buddy David Robbins from South Georgia who came in 2nd in the Beau WPT Main Event for well over $400,000. He actually busted Tex's pocket Aces with pocket Kings at the final table of the Main Event at the first IP Poker Classic...Great Guy..."Cheers"

"One more time, sweetness" Bill Murray's Character Ernie in "Kingpin"

No comments: