Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Igors r us

Played in Tunica last night guys and man did I play bad. I am embarrassed to even put down here some of the calls I made. I played in the $60.00 buy in at Sams Town and made it down to 2 tables. There was this kid just in from Iraq and announces to the whole table before we start, "This is my first live tournament"...and the cards literally ...ran him over.

You know when you are getting deep in a tournament and you see these guys that get frustrated and impatient and they just give away their stacks to the point where you say to yourself, and everyone else, "Man, he just was hating his chips", and "He just could not wait to get out of here"...that was me.

After that went check out the Grand to see what was happening. I got in a 2-5nl game and made 2 of the stupidest calls. I mean dumb. I told my wife that it didn't hurt as much as getting rundown by the cards because...I know what happened...I can fix it. I totally blew a couple of situation when the math was stacked against me...How can I do that. It's math...its proven...I just have to follow thru and apply it.

Going meet Bill tonight. We are going to play in a tourney and sweat the main event for awhile over a couple of beers and strategize about the meeting...and hopefully...redeem myself from the "donkigeness" that has come over me.

"Mathematics is the only true universal language" Jodie Fosters Character Ellie in "Contact"

No comments: