Thursday, February 21, 2008

Another 2 outer and busted in Lake Charles

I played in the weekly re-buy tournament in Lake Charles last week, and could not get nothing going. You start with 2000 in chips, and the rebuys and AO's you get 4000. There was a LAG player on the other side of the table from me playing anything with an ace aggressively. I busted out the first time when I look down at AhQs in the CO seat. The LAG player raises 4x the blinds (100-200 i think). I jam here and the LAG player calls and tables As10d. Flop comes KsJs9c and has me still ahead. Turn peels off the 10s. He jumps up when he sees the 10, but wait as I just hit my straight. River comes out the 5s. That should have clued me in on what the night was going to have in store for me. I fire a re-buy bullet to no avail. I dump $50.00 into the tournament and decide to try my luck elsewhere.

I see an older gentleman with his glasses down on his nose walking with a limp and a cane towards the 5-5nl table, and I stopped and I recognized the limp. Yes...it was Flyboy moving through the place. Flyboy is one of the famous gamblers in the area, and is known for action...and lots of it. Whether you playing poker, gin or pool, if you want to bet high in the Southeast, Flyboy is who you are looking for. I personally watched him play pool numerous times for $1000.00 a snap one-hole. The poker room manager commented when I was buying chips, "You going to that 5-5 came aren't you...Flyboy...some people love to play with him and some people hate to play with him". There is another older LAG Asian player that is a local (Kim-Jo...I think is his name). There were 5 people in the 5-5 game and there was thousands on the table. I pull out $300.00 and sit down 6 handed...I liked the game, and I liked my chances. This was a spot were I knew I could make some money. I play tight, and fold often and watch as Flyboy and the LAG Asian guy takeover the table. They both have huge stacks and are gambling at every turn. There was a huge guy in the 4 seat (Over 300lbs) that they said started with $400.00 and had $1900.00 in front of him. Flyboy busted him single handedly over the length of 3 hands in a 15 min span. The guy left without knowing what hit him. The last hand went like this. Fly raises preflop to $20.00 everyone pitches except Big Boy who smooth calls.

Flop comes out KhQc3d. FB fires out $125.00..BB calls. Turn comes 7s...FB fires $250.00 and BB goes in the tank before calling after 2 minutes. River brings the 3h. FB has him covered and jams ...BB calls in agony and tables KcQs and FB turns over As3c...and that was a wrap for BB.

I am playing good, solid poker and staying about even. An hour and a half in I start to bleed down to $250.00. FB and the LAG Asian both have thousands in front of them. I am in the SB when I catch the hand I was waiting for...and turned out to be one to put me straight into following in Big Boy's footsteps right out the door scratching my head. I looked down at 9dQd. I am in the 2 seat and LAG Asian player in 5 with FB in the 6 seat. everyone limps and me and the BB knuckle also. Flop comes out 4dQhQc. I check and everyone checks around to the FB who fires out $45.00, and I call as does LAG Asian. Turn brings the 9s..."Yatzee". We check around to FB again, and he fires out $45.00 again. I pop it to $100.00 straight. LAG Asian player calls and FB folds. The river brings the As. I check, and he asks me how much I got left. I said around $100, and he puts me all-in. I call, and he says, "Thank You" and slaps down the 2 red Aces. He looks at FB and says, "That's how you bust those tight players". I don't know how I could not have gone busted there. Limped with aces, and he hit a 2 outer on the river. He had over $2000.00 in front of him, and I had $250.00. There is no way he is folding pocket aces.

There I was ...following in Big Boy's footsteps out the door wondering what just happened.

"They fooled you 1,000 times, just like they fooled me. But this time, I'll fool somebody. I'll stay in this race. I'm on my own and out for blood. Listen to me, you hicks! Lift up your eyes and look at God's blessed and unfly-blown truth" Sean Penn as Willie Stark in "All the Kings Men"

No comments: