Thursday, August 07, 2008

Slowrolled at Shorty's

I am pretty aggravated right now as I don't know what the hell happened with my last post but half of it "Disappeared" ...mysteriously. I typed it several days ago and checked it out yesterday...yup...its there and then today its carved up. I don't know what the hell happened. Oh well. If anybody read my blog and remembers me talking about the stripsearch case...let me know so I at least know I am not crazy

I headed over to Shorty's yesterday to play in the tournament and maybe play in some cash games. I am pretty aggravated about the whole trip yesterday as I skipped the tournament and just decided to play in the cash game. I probably should have fired the $70.00 at the tournament just to see what was going to happen. I never played one there before, but I was told that the structure sucks. Lets see who was in the room last night...it was packed as it is every Wednesday. Tex, DaveyB, Matt, Big Mike, Mustang Mike, Tim Hebert, Cody...and other regulars. I played for a couple of hours and burned through one buy-in. I am aggravated that I had to leave a good game, but I was not in the right frame of mind to keep playing. I was rushing things and playing hands that turned out to be 2nd best and thats not good in that situation. I left really pissed off as there was this idiot in the 1 seat that kept slow-rolling people, and it bothered me...and then he slow-rolled me on the end and I come very close to going off on the guy, but decided to just quickly leave before I made a scene or anything. The funny thing is that I don't think that he even knows what he was doing. After talking to Bill last night, and he played devils advocate with me, I think the guy may be that clueless that he doesn't understand that its not good poker etiquette to do the shit he was doing. This guy just really had no class. Of course he was an older "Bumble Dork" kid of dude that I guess plays there sometimes as he kept talking about playing in Lake Charles...I don't know...the first time I played with him was last night.

The reason that he comes across as a slowrolling donkfish is that he ALWAYS...ALWAYS things he has the worst of it. In this scenario below he pulled this crap on another kid about and hour before me. Somehow they get it all in and he is talking out loud about "Oh Man...you got me"..."The pots yours"...etc and he was called by the other kid and kid turns up his hand and Bumble Dork takes a few seconds ...like 6 or 7, to turn up his hand and tables QQ to take this huge pot down.

I said, "Damn man...That was F*%$#ed Up...You slow-rolled that man". When we told him what he did, he said, "What...I committed a poker faux paus"...I said..."Yes ...you did...Don't matter to me I wasn't in the hand". He claimed that he thought the guy had a set. He said when the guy called he thought he was beat. ...Whatever. I may be wrong but I think the Queens were an overpair to the board...I don't know as there might have been an Ace out there. Davey may be able to comment a little on it also as he was in the hand.

Now we are down to 5 people on a 5-5 table with Tex, Davey and Me all on the same table. Great place for me to be right...not. Finally, some more people started to show up and Tex snapped off 2 HUGE pots. I was in the 3 seat....and before the cards were in the air, Tex bounces from the 2 seat to the 4 seat. Damn I wish I had that kind of Jedi presence of the force, "Luke...move from seat 2 to 4...Luke...MOVE Luke....MOVE now"...that had to be going through Tex's mind. He got a sick run of cards and Aces in that seat. He got pocket Aces 3 times in 15 hands....220 to 1...I would like to see someone run those numbers. Anyhow, on one of these pocket rocket hands they get it all in pre ...3 ways with one guy having A-Q and the other holding QQ...How sweet is that? On another hand he got a guy to call his all in with the Nut Flush with 3 diamonds on the board...with 3d4d or was it 2d4d...you get the picture. Any how...nice run Tex...I hope he was able to cruise along with that huge stack he had...Congrats brother. I was told that Big Mike and Davey all booked winners.

So on to the hand that nearly set me off on a rampage Monkey would have been proud of. I am bleeding off chips and getting a little spewey as Tex is just snapping off Monster pot after Monster pot in the seat next to me. I decide I am going to start making some moves to see what I can do. Tex has me itching to get my stack going upward. I play some hands I probably shouldn't have and I was trying to force things and next thing you know I am down to about $75.00. I am in mp when I look down at A-9s and decide I am going to make a play at the pot but bumble dork beats me to the action and fires in $35.00 to my left...Damn I want to play this hand...his range is just about anything here K-Q...Q-Js...even 9-10 or J-10. I don't see putting $35.00 in without getting the rest of my money in so I jam for $40.00 more and make it $75.00 to go ...Bumble Dork calls and announces, "Holy shit...Im behind...I need some help"...I do not show my cards. The dealer drops the flop of A-8-4 rainbow on the board..."Oh Im in trouble...I need some help...I need a Jack"...at this point he turns over one of his cards...a Jack and kneels on his chair. Obvious I think he had pocket jacks. "Hoohhhh I need help dealer...give me a Jack...I need a Jack"...turn bricks..."You got me...you got me man" and the river hits the Jack of hearts. He sits there and holds his cards and then turns over the Ace as his down card. I come close to saying, "Sir...do you realize how big of an asshole you are? You think you are funny and having fun but your a slow-rolling asshole...you really don't get it do you? You don't see how big of an asshole you are".

Instead, I stepped away from the table and started to head for the door...to top it off...this dickhead has the dealer fish my cards out the muck as show them...What an ass!!!!. Oh well, Bill took the devils advocate position and said the guy thought I had A-K ro A-Q...but you can see from my perspective that what he did was wrong...idiot. I also heard that on the previous table that Tim Hebert lost...like a $600.00 pot or something and this idiot asked the dealer to get his cards out the muck...and he wasn't even in the hand!!!!!


Oh well...heading back out there Friday night, and hopefully Bumble Dork the slowrollin piece of shit will still there



"Went into the store just to get a beer. Came out an accessory to murder and armed robbery. It's funny like that in the hood sometimes. You never knew what was gonna happen, or when. After that I knew it was gonna be a long summer" Tyrin Turners Character Caine in "Menace II Society"

No comments: