Monday, February 16, 2009

Making the rounds...

I have been making the rounds this last week starting Monday night at the Amelia Belle tournament...and finishing Saturday with a roadtrip to Coushatta to play in their $220 weekly...stopped at Shorty's on my home...and made another stop at the Belle coming through on my home. I also played at the Belle of Baton Rouge on Wed and Thurs nights. My wife is in Vegas for work, so I figured I would make the best of it.

Amelia Belle on Monday had the tournament, and then a 1-2nl game jumped off after the tournament ended. I had a good time even though I booked a loser. The beuchewacker was there, and playing with Arceaneax is always a good time. Matt B. was the supervisor that night...now we just need to get him as Tournament Director ;-)
In fact...I am heading there again tonight to see what is happening.

I was able to beat the cash game, and I booked a modest winner at The Belle of BR on Wed and Thursday nights. I started with $300 and cashed out on Wed for $580 and Thur for about the same. In one hand I want to discuss is one that I was not even in. I am sitting between these 2 guys with both over 1k stacks. There is a pf raise to $20.00 with several callers from one of them. Flop hits 7h8h10h. The Original raiser on my left c-bets to $20...fold...fold...guy on my right pops it to $60...guy on left shoves...guy on right insta-calls...original raiser on left has AdAc...insta-caller on right...Ah4s. I then had to listen for 25 minutes while they discuss the hand between them and they both agreed that they both had no choice in the matter and that they both had no choice but to make the plays they did..."I had aces dog...Im getting all in no matter what"..."Well shit dog, I had the ace of hearts so you know I ain't going nowhere". It was brutal.
I want to say that this type of play is not typical of the Baton Rouge players at all.

Went to Coushatta and fell down the "Poker tournament rabbit hole"...it seems like I always have weird stuff happen to me there. The hand I busted out of the tourney on I felt I played bad. Blinds are at 500-1000 and I have 11k left. I look down at AKo UTG. 3 hands before this I have AA and only get the blinds with a 3x raise...I decide to bet 3x and if I get action shove post-flop. Flop hits QhJs4c...I shove...sb has Q8o and calls...turn K...river Q.

I head to Shortys and buy in for $275 and cashed out for $750...then stopped at Amelia Belle only because there was a game nine-handed and there was a seat open...I knew I shouldn't have stopped. I spewed 2 hundo's in 22 hands. The 3rd hand I turn a straight and guy rivers a flush for half my stack...and then slowrolls me. The last $95 went in when I shove post flop into a $95 post flop pot...with a board for 4sAd6h with 4c6c...and someguy comes over the top of my $95 for $20 more at $115. What could he have you ask? ...AK...AQ or even AJ or A10...he held 53o and hit a deuce ball on the river...see ya.

"Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true" Patrick Swayze as Bodi in "Point Break"

No comments: