Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Venetian Deep Stack Day 1

I thought I would type up a quick update to let everyone know how things are going here...Good...but could be better. We played the first event yesterday, and it was a long day. We were up at 3:30am Cent time to catch our flight, and the day didn't end until 1:30am Pac time. We are staying at the Venetian, and the suite is really nice.

I feel like I played well, but I did not get in the money. Their were around 450 people who came out for the tourney, and the structure was good. We started with 12k in chips and I was able to chip up fairly early, and then I got spewey once I thought I was going to run over the table. I calmed down around 19k, and then cruised for a few levels. I made it to the dinner break with 47k and their were 7-8 tables left. After the Dinner break, the blinds were 500/1500/3000...10k out your stack every revolution. I was able to open shove a few times to steal the blinds/antes...but that would only last so long. I needed to double up...and went card the last 20 min of the round. I was down to 27.5k UTG and looked down at AQo. I ship it, and the sb woke up with 99...and the board bricked for me. I went out mid-50ish and they were paying 36.

The thing that sucked was I went to the cash game and got run over by deck...could do no wrong. I got in for $200.00 and cashed out at $585.00. If I would have got that run of cards in the tourney I would have been dangerous. The guy im with also had a decent night at the cash game.

I will try to give more updates a little later...and no quote today ;-)

The sickest hand I seen...the noon DeepStack event was down to 3 tables, and a young kid that was on fumes earlier in the day at my table was able to get some chips and had a nice stack. He gets the chip lead when he stacks 2 people at his table...AA vs KK vs the kids JJ...He hit a set of jacks. On the very next hand he stacked another big stack post flop when he nailed a set of 3's against QQ....when you running good...your running good

No comments: