Monday, March 16, 2009

More Rants...

I wish I could say that I have broken out the slump I have been in, but the cards will not cooperate. I think I have the leaks plugged between my ears now I just need the cards to cooperate. I did beat the cash games in Shreveport last week...and promptly lossed all my winnings at Shorty's on my home Friday night...on the first hand dealt to me. It was kind of surreal.

I was tired from driving and thought about just heading home, but I wanted to break up the drive a little. I texted Thomkat17 that I was thinking of stopping in Shorty's to see what was going on...and to talk to the poker room manager Deon about a couple of things. I walked up and they was a game going on with seats available. The supervisor asks me for my card, and I didn't have one, so she took my DL to go get me one at the players club. I sit down, Immediately get AcAs on the first hand OTB. There is a raise from UTG...2 callers to me...I three bet...BB four bets and puts enough out there to cover me...everyone folds around to me..."CaCaCaCaCa...Call".

I hear the BB (A guy I think is one of the worst players that plays at Shorty's) say, "Damn". The player next to him says, "Wow...what a hand for the first one dealt to you"...as the dealer puts out 10c7s2d...BB now says, "Yea...but he's not gonna like it"...I immediately stand up and get ready to hit the door as the guy tables 10-10. Most people I told this story to were amazed that the guy 4 bet with 10's...but the hand plays itself...There's no way I can fold on that board even if he just smooth calls. I already had half my stack in.

Thats the way my weekend started...and then I busted on the bubble Sat. night in a 6 handed shootout Satellite for a seat into the Sunday Millions...lit 4 hours of my life on fire...oh well. This was the "True Bubble" as I know lots of people who play in large MTT's will say "I bubbled" when they get knocked out close to the money...I got the finger...the rest of them were clicking their mouses Sun. in the Sun Mill.

Enough negativity already...Snap out of it GeneD!!!!! ;-)

Lets see...what else is happening...

I could not 2nd Monkeys comments more loudly about degenerate poker players being some nasty F*&#heads. I too have witnessed players I am playing with go to the restroom...do their business ...and leave without washing there hands. I wonder whether this is third leveling and the scumbag is trying to put people on tilt. I mean come on...are you that dirty where you can't at least wash your hands?

Layne Flacks DUI and him missing the NBC HeadsUp Championship: This was reeeeeallllllly bad...even for Layne Flack. It is safe to say that he has burned any chance of returning to the NBCHUC, and will probably wind up sending him back to rehab...again. My understanding is that he showed up for the draw party and all...he got wasted... and woke up in jail. I wonder if Russ Hamilton bailed him out? ...Other comments I read that were hilarious..."Dr Drew should get him on Celeb Rehab", and "I wonder if he tried to high five the cop"...referring to the now infamous snub by E-Dog at the H.O.R.S.E event last year.

"Tanqueray and Tab and keep 'em comin'." Bill Murray as Ernie McCraken in "Kingpin"



No comments: