Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The beginning of an era!!!

Hi everyone...My first attempt at a blog. My name is "GeneD", and I am a middle age professional male trying to learn more about poker, and the dynamics of the game. I have played in several major tournaments in the past 10 years. This would include the WSOP, WPO in Tunica as well as numerous circuit events and local tournaments. I have cashed in a major tournament, and I am listed on pokerpages.com. In the WSOP in '06 I came 46 people from winning a bracelet as I got knocked out 47th in the 42nd event.

I am from South Louisiana, and I consider myself an above average player in my region. I play cash games as well as tournaments. I consider myself a semi-professional poker player. I have a lot of people I would consider "In my Poker Network" that I play/communicate with. I would consider myself somewhat of an aggressive player, and sometimes this has a tendency to offend some people. I want to think I am somewhat "likeable", but hey, I am not naive. I know that some people don't care for me.

I am going to try to make this blog as humble as I can. I am still learning the game, and I hope to someday be a top player in my region. My post will be about mostly Poker, but I may throw in a some tidbits here and there. It will be about strategy and certain hands I play. If people I play with get offended by anything I say, then I want to apologize. I will be linking this to our website as we are working on a regionalized poker website focusing oin the Gulf Coast region. From Lake Charles all the way around to Tampa. Fl.

Some of the names you will here are listed below:

Bill P. who is my "Partner in Crime" for the website. I think you will see his blog also.
Joe Bush, Ray, Tex, Davey, Parfait, Marvin and Stacy, Chris James, Big Mike, Raceland Mike, Mario Mike, Paul Shoultz, Jacob and Lester, Ronnie J from New Orleans, Ruttely...and the list goes on.

I will try to leave every blog with a quote...probably inspirational...Probably from a movie...but not always.

I just want everyone to come "Peak Inside" the window of a guy who has it all, great family and friends, beautiful wife and a great life while I try to traverse the poker world and get "Who knows Where"...maybe busted

and hopefully you may learn a little something...even if it is how not to go broke ;-)

"In the game of life...play the cards your dealt"
Rounders

No comments: