Monday, October 30, 2006

"Ship it to the Colonel"

I am back from Biloxi and I want to do a good job of recapping the action so I will probably do several post associated with our trip to the Imperial Palace for their first "Poker Classic".

The Crew: GeneD (me), BillP, Tex, Ray, Paul Shultz, Joe Bush, Brian, Lester N. and other notables that we met there were, Jockey Jarrod and Ross.

Bill and I both cashed fourth in a $200.00 buy-in for $1700 Paul S got 5th in a $200.00 buy in for about the same. All 3 of us won our seat into the main event in super satelittes.

I want to start off by saying that all the people I went with to Biloxi did well. All my friends that were there were able to add a couple of grand to their bankrolls. I added right at $2700.00. We had a good run over the week. More about that later...

Next...I want to talk about the facilities and the staff. This was a "Great Run" tournament. I was very impressed. Ronnie and his crew did a great job. He had lots of regulars like Jodie and Jason Lipscomb to help out. They were very liberal with the food comps. They had food you could pay for in the tourny area, but it did not look that appetizing. There were free pastries and bagels every morning and sandwich trays, mini egg rolls and Cheese with crackers to snack on. The drinks were free also, and between us all, we put down some beers after our wins. The Hotel was really nice also. They have been upgrading the facilities and it shows. The only incident that bothered me was the security guys hassled me because I was putting a couple of bottles of bottled water that they were giving away free in my backpack for later use. I thought it was chinchy at the time, but I got over it. Another cool thing was the tournament area was right next to the movie theatre. Anytime you wanted you could just walk into the theater and catch a movie between tournaments. They had cash sit-n-gos also along with tournament satellites. These paid out 3 spots, and they were very popular

Next I want to give some props out to my boy Jason "Tex" Henderson. Jason made it to the final table and came out 7th in the Main Event for a cool $7300 and some change. He played great poker the entire event, and the thing that made all of us the proudest at the final table is he got beat by the cards. he played perfect poker at the final table, and got sucked out on to get knocked out. He raised from under the gun with Pocket A's, Art from gulfport moved all in, and then the guy in the 10 seat moves all in. Tex stands up and says "Well...I guess I gotta call". Tex shows AA, Art shows 66 and seat 10 shows KK. Seat 10 spikes a K on the river to become the chip leader at the table. It was heartbreaking for us though.

I will write some more about the week a little later...

"Reebs. That's what we used to call them when we was kids. It's beer spelled backwards"
Brad Pitt as Early Grayce in "Kalifornia"

3 comments:

bubble boy said...

Tex stands up and says " Well... I guess I gotta call" No shit Sherlock, what else are you going to do dude, fold? I don't think so. That has to be the dumbest quote i seen on this site so far"

"ABC.........easy as 123"

Jackson Five

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Damn this is a tough room Gene.

"Ship it to the Colonel" -GeneD

slowplayjay said...

YEAH GENE I FEEL THE WATER INCIDENT WAS A LITTLE PICKY MYSELF. ALL THE MONEY YOU'LL SPEND YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD NOT HAVE THE IDEA TO COMPLAIN ABOUT A LITTLE WATER.


"PASS THE SUGAR"-- CAPTAINSTACKS AND NOW JOE HACEM