Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ran into "Cheester"

The reason this blog is called this is it involves a "cheesy" move that
a guy put on me this week in Shreveport. I play here once a month as I am traveling with my job. I have been coming here probably 2 years now, again, once a month. There are some solid players here...nothing like Shorty's. There are 2 younger kids here that play for a living that I call the "2 Brians" anyone who plays in Shreveport will know who I am talking about as they are there everynight. I don't know which one I was playing when he pulled the move below.

had 2 incidents that I want to touch on. They both fall into the cheese category and both happened at the El Derado.

--The first one was against "The Brian"...not sure which one. I had AJo and he raised $35.00 pre-flop, and he got me and 2 other callers in the hand. We both had about $300.00 in front of us. After a flop of 10d 3s 9c he bets out $35.00. Everyone folds to me. I look at him and know he is on a steal. I smooth call. Turn comes another brick. He bets out $85.00. I go in the tank and think for awhile. again...I think I have the best hand with the A Jo. I again smooth call.
The river comes another brick. Here is where it gets dirty. I am in the 4 seat and he is in the 7 seat. He stacks up all his chips, and slowly moves them into the pot. He sits back for a second and I move my chips in, and he immediately mucks his cards and pulls back his bet.

Come to find out he pushed his cards up to 1/4 inch away from the line to consider it a bet. He concedes the hand and then start saying "Call the floor. It didn't cross the line buddy".

He tried to cheese out, but if he had a pair, he would have won...oh well.

--Next one has to do with a loud and obnoxious dealer . I am in a hand when we turn 4 4 K K and I hold K 9. A player that bought in for $150.00 moves all in. I call thinking we are chopping. He shows K 10, and the dealer rivers a 10. Then she proceeds to "Hoot and Holler"...going "HaHaHa...He thought he was going to chop...HaHaHaha".

incredible...Never have I seen a dealer rub in a bad beat.

"If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X+Y+Z. X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut."-- Albert Einstein

7 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Gene , I keeps it real and I gotta say that you played that AJ hand like Stevie Wonder. I play in Shreveport sometimes and I think I know the player Brian. I know Cowboy ,Slick Rick, Gary "cyclops millionaire" and "Just" Mike to name a few.

Now if you put the guy on a steal why on earth would you smooth call all the way? AK AQ any crappy pair beats you? You reraise if your read was so good. As it turns out he probably had a low pair and had you beat but his crappy little move backfired on him.
Speaking of that , if you dont mind my critique, your second mistake is letting that little Buttrabbit pull a stunt like that at the table. I would have followed that turk out in the parking lot and rolled him. but thats how i roll.
"Hoot and Holler"...going "HaHaHa...He thought he was going to chop...HaHaHaha".

What dealer was that ? The bald dealer from "Vegas Vacation"
I know people that can put that Ho in a dumpster.

bubble boy said...

Gene, i have to agree with captainstacks, you played that hand like Ray Charles. The hell with smooth calling bump his ass if you think he has nothing, what happens if he has AK or AQ and an Ace hits on the turn now you will not be able to get off your hand and you are beat, if you thought he was bluffing GO GET YOUR POT, as i often hera you take down the pot right here

" what u talkin about willis"

Gary coleman- Different Strokes

slowplayjay said...

hey guys give Gene a break, he played the hand the way he thought he needed to play it and it worked out well, he drug a nice size pot, if you never played against Gene how can you sit here and critize the way he plays, i have played with him a number of times and he has a very strong feel for the game, so take a step back and listen and learn from what gene has to offer


"There ain't going to be no rematch"

Carl Weathers as Apollo Creed

Rocky

bubble boy said...

hey slowplayjay are you a member of Gene's fan club of something? Anybody who plays serios poker knows that was a bad play just smooth calling all the way down, luckily for Gene he still was able to drag a pot, but all in all a very weak play. I am not here to critize anybody, I am here to listen and learn but if i see something I disagree with i will open up speak what i feel. So shut your piehole and go back to your hole slowplay and get out of my buisness.Do you play poker or are you just one of his followers?


" I feel the need, the need for speed"

Maverick and Goose - Top gun

bubble boy said...

you are right Captainstacks, i would have cashed out and waited for that little buttrabbit myself, it would have been the last time he made a "cheester" move on me, i would have smoked that cat. I use to work with a little "buttrabbit" i wonder if this guy was from Missouri?


"Watch out for that Ester Hebert, he's a snake"

Sir Charles Scott--while sitting in Cojim 18 on a cold tuesday night in the backwoods of Alabama

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

WTF is a Cojim?? I am surprised that yall know about 5 card stud legend Charles Scott. Really know your underground poker forelore.

"Id rather swim through a river of shit" -Sir Charles Scott

bubble boy said...

hell anybody who is somebody in the world of poker knows who 5 card stud legend charles scott is. I was actually lucky enough to meet the man in person and talk about a wonderful and pleasent person. He was real real nice. I was never actually able to get to play at his table and play cards together Which would have been an honor, but we did eat supper together one night and also stayed at the same hotel as him and we ate breakfast the next morning. He was heading up north for the 9th annual Ms. Pacaman Nationals. Taqlk about a man who was multi skilled.


"Spike You a %#cking champ"

Sir Charles Scott