Saturday, November 25, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving to all...Winning session at Shorty's

I want to wish everyone a Happy Turkey Day. I was suppose to go to the camp and go duck hunting with a buddy of mine and play a tourney at Coushatta, but I came up sick Thursday night with a sore throat and sinus problems. I felt like crap.

I had a good sessionat Shorty's Thursday night. I bought in for $400.00 and cashed out 4 hours later with $1450.00 a cool $1050.0 to the bankroll. There were some real gamblers there that night that were "slinging chips". I just stayed patient and had one guy make a $400.00 bluff on the river when I held 2 pair. Hand went this way.

I have J4s and call a small raise of $25 from "Action Guy". We have 3 callers. Me, Spoon, Billy and Action Guy. Flop comes AdJh4d. I got 2 pair , and I am imediately putting Action Guy on AK or AQ. I check, and he bets out $50.00 and Billy Folds, Spoon calls and I raise it $100.00 more for a total of $150.00 to go. Action Guy calls, as does Spoon which spookes me as Spoon is the chip leader at the table with over $3000.00 in front of him. He can take some chances where normally he wouldn't. Turn comes a 8h. I loved this card as it could not have helped anyone. I bet out $200.00. After Action Guy goes in the tank for about 5 minutes, he calls. To my delight, spoon folds. River card comes 5d. A scare card for me as it puts the flush and a low wheel out there. I check and he announces "OH No...not now...I bit 300.00" and he slams 3 stacks of reds in the middle of the pot. Now its my turn to go in the tank. My thoughts were below:

--He would never had played the hand that way with a wheel from the Ace. He was not even open-ended...Nah...no way
--He would have played Ace-Jack like there was no tommorow. He would have re-raised me.
--I did not believe he would have played the flush this way also as the Ace is on the board. What did he raise with originally? KdJd...QdJd...unlikely but possible.
--He did the "Classic" rookie tell of , "Act strong is weak" when he slams the chips in the pot...and vise-versa.
--No...I had to go with my original read on big slick, possible suited. He hit his ace on the flop, and the way the hand played out fits.

I call and show my 2 pair, and he shows AQ. I almost had him with the big slick read but hey, I still won the hand, and a huge hand it turned out to be.

I am heading to my little nephews B-Day party and I just left K-Mart. What a fiasco. Retail stores during the X-mas rush. It is maddening.

"I am going to let you in a little secret, Ray, Kmart sucks!!"
Tom Cruise's character Charlie Babbitt in Rain Man



4 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Your the fuggin champion Gene.

"What shoe? i aint wearin no shoe!" - Sir Charles Scott

slowplayjay said...

nice read gene, way to take down that pot with your two pair, good read


"oh yeah, u talking about the bue eganua, it nice over there, real real nice"


Sir Charles Scott

bubble boy said...

yes, gene K-mart does suck, that is why they built wal-mart, and who in the hell is Sir Charles Scott?


" I Rather Swim Through A River Of Shit"

Sir Charles Scott

bubble boy said...

Gene as read this article it seems as thought some information is inconsistent, at the begining of the story you say guy makes "400 bluff on the river" and this is how the hand goes, but as i listen to your story at the end went you check he say oh no you don't and bets $300 three red stacks and you call with your two pair, so which one was it $300 or $400. let's clear this up because i hate fictional blogs


"I'm not the smartest man, but i know what love is"

tom hanks as forest gump