Thursday, November 09, 2006

Tunica Turmoil

Well, I have been playing in Tunica for the past three days, and I have been running bad. I am playing bad also. Way to tight. A buddy of mine told me years ago that "he plays bad when he thinks his opponent has the nuts". This is exactly how I have been playing. Trying not to lose.
This goes against my game and personality as I am usually aggressive and can take the calculated risks. I think it is because I have been running so good before I got here, and I am afraid to lose ground. I hate it when my bankroll turns backwards. I am stuck around $700 for This Tunica trip.

I played in a $100.00 buy in freeze-out at Sams Town last night. I got in one of those hands you hate. You play it bad and get called on your bluff, but you just canlt understand how the guy could have called all your raises with A3 o, especially, when you raised pre-flop. I mean, he had to put me on an Ace? Oh well...The guy played it good, and I busted out like a donkey.

I started to play in a 1-2 NL game at the Gold Strike, and they had this women in the game that completely acted like she didnlt know what she was doing. Betting out of turn, asking stupid questions etc. I was a little wary of her myself because she looked familiar, though I don't know from where. Finally, she gets the chip leader in a pot and plays it beautifully, smooth calling all the way to the river and then trapping him when he takes the last stab at the pot after the river. The thing that stood out to me above anything else was that she was acting weak, asking dumb questions and analyzing situations post-hand. We all were rather chatty. Talking about "How I would played this and that" etc.

The thing about this monster pot she won that I noticed the most was that she didn't say a word after she won. all she did was stack the chips up in silence while the rest of the table babbled about what happened. I was listening to what they were saying, but I was also watching her. She was coy, she was confident and she was good.

Nice job lady Daphne...

James Gandolphini's Character- " So you think she mis-represented her ability"
Charlie Sheens Character "Ditch"- "I think she did for bullshit what stonehenge did for rocks"
Movie "Terminal Velocity"

No comments: