Thursday, July 17, 2008

Card Dead at the Final table

Well....I am now 0-3 on the week as far as the tournaments go. I played like a donk again Tuesday night and busted out fairly quickly on another fairly "Questionable" play. Bill thought it may have had some legitimacy, but I don't know. After that i played in the cash game for 3 hours and picked up my buy-in back. I get in the 1-2 nl game for $300.00 and cash out with $410.00 plus a $15.00 buffet. The tourney buy-in was $90.00 with dealer toke. They are having tournaments at the Gold Strike this weekend if anybody is interested. I meant to get a flyer to post up on the site and I forgot.

At one time Wednesday night I was up to around $600.00 when the following hand played out. I raise from UTG with KsKd to $20.00 and got 2 callers. A dealer from Harrahs and an "Old Geezer" calling station. Flops lays out an Ace in the window with Ad10d4d. Not a bad flop for me. I am going to see where I am right here and bet out $20.00...Harrah's dealer folds and the OG pops me up to $45.00. Great...he's got the ace I think... I smooth. Turn snaps out the 7d. BINGO!!. I got the nuts. I make a $75.00 bet...he goes in the tank for several minutes...and pushes $75.00 out there real careful like. River pairs the board with the 7c. I decide to check to him as the pot was big enough for me, and I didn't like the board pairing. He shoves out a stack of reds ($100) and has one stack left behind. I go in the tank...Chatting with the table about, "How goddam sick this game is"..."I cant believe I get in these situations"..."So...you had pocket 4's huh??"...etc. I call like the sicko that I am. I fire my cards in the muck as he tables his pocket 4's. Everyone wanted to know what I had. I said, "I started with the best hand...became the 2nd best after the flop...back to the nuts on the turn and back to 2nd place on the river...who can figure it out"?...Nobody could...Come on people???? It wasn't that hard to figure out was it? ...Oh well. The dealer is shaking his head also so I say to him..."You know don't you" and he shakes his head yes. The OG says he will flip him a redbird ($5) if he tells and he is correct. Dealer says "Pocket Kings with the Kd"...(In my best TeddyKGB voice I can muster)..."Pay dat man his moooney"...We actually had to explain it to the old guy before he actually got it. We laid the board out for him and re-told the riddle...OG flips the dealer a fiver.


Played in the $60.00 tourney Wednesday night at Sam's Town. I actually like Sam's Town poker room. Cool people and they run some good tournaments. They had 56 people last night. I was running late so I ran in with my work clothes on knowing that if I made it to the break, I would go change into my shorts and a hoodie and also grab my ipod and bose's. I chipped up early when I called a raise with pocket 10's when the villain stacked-off with his pocket Jacks on a 7-3-6--10--2 board...SChWWEEEEEETTTT. I started to take down some nice pots and went into the first break with over 7k. We came back from the break and I got all kinds of comments about changing my clothes...typical bullshit like ..."Shazzzzam"...etc. We come back to 25-150-300 and all of a sudden everyone starts shoving on me when I get in a pot. I started to have to lay down hands I wanted to call with but I didn't want to get too spewey. I went down and back up and was able to make to the final table with a little below average chips. I really felt i was the best player left when we got down to 10, but I went card dead. Everything you could imagine...9-3/3-4/8-3/4-8/9-2/10-3/9-4...etc. At 200-1600-3200 I didn't have much room to maneuver. I got in one hand from mid-position. I raise with A-7h. BB jams all in over the top. I go in the tank and start asking questions...etc. I ask him if he has an Ace and he turns p his Ad. I say, "I have one of those" and I turn up my Ace. I lay it down and he flashes the Jd he had. I blind down to where I have to go with anything 3 handed and was able to get in a situation with 9d-6h with 3 people in the hand...and bricked out. Bubbled in 9th place. It sucked, but I was happy that I played well. The cards beat me...I didn't play bad.

Heading back tonight...

"I ain't no white trash piece of shit. I'm better than you all! I can out-learn you. I can out-read you. I can out-think you. And I can out-philosophize you. And I'm gonna outlast you. You think a couple whacks to my guts is gonna get me down? It's gonna take a hell of a lot more than that, Counselor, to prove you're better than me!" Robert Dinero as Max Cady in "Cape Fear"

No comments: