Friday, July 18, 2008

Heading home from Tunica

I will be getting on the road in the next couple of hours, so I figured I would throw up a quick blog while I download all my listening material. I haven't downloaded many episodes since I got back from vacation. My laptop hit the skids last week and I had to send it in to our IT dept to get fixed. It had all my Ipod stuff on it, so I just decided to download Itunes on this crappy one at the office as I was going to be need something to look forward to on the long ride home...and it is long. Lets see...8 episodes of Poker Road Rodeo...3 of Big Poker Sundays (Not to knock on Scott Huff but Haralobob is the shit...I really like this guy)...a couple of Pocket 5s Podcast...I will be alright. I know ...I know...Your thinking damn this guy is a sick individual when it comes to poker...but hey...I AM!!!!

Last nights tournament was a $100.00 NL with $1000 added and a $10.00 dealer toke. They don't have the dealer tokes so they have a bounty chip in front of you when you sit down...kind of confusing. I recognize all the same faces, and get to chat with Grant Watson for a second the young kid I mention in my blog several months back. I bust out with 3 tables left when I am down to 7 BB's left and I flop top pair from the SB in a 4 way limp feast when I held 7-4 off on a board of 7-3-2...and some older bearded fellow wakes up with pocket 2's...See ya

Highlight of the tournament...I got to sit next to a local player there that was a cool as shit...and a damn good player at that. His name is Tim "Misisipimachine" Burt, and he lives right there in Tunica. He had just gotten back from vegas where he had a couple of nice cashes...$1500 here...$3000 there...etc. I got to talk to him for quite awhile and I look forward to seeing him again. He has already qualified for the Aruba gig on UB, so he won't be able to come to the Gulf Coast coming up. I think there at the same time. He siad he was going to check out the site, so Tim...If your reading this...,"It was nice chatting with you and good luck in Aruba!!!"

"Because it rhymes with "luck." See, my daddy always told me to be just like a duck. Stay smooth on the surface and paddle like the devil underneath" Kris Kristofferson as the Rubber Duck in "Convoy" when asked why they call him the Duck

No comments: