Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Back to the Belle -Part Deaux

Made my monthly visit to the Belle of Baton Rouge last night to sit in the 2-5NL game with the same cast of characters as always. I sit in the 9 seat and I have Cigar Mike to my left, the Asian Mumbler Kid in the 7 seat, and 2 college kids name Joe and Nick. There was also several other older gentleman that I have played with before there also.

I have mentioned in an earlier blog about the dealer here that made it to the final table at the New Orleans event 2 years ago. I actually saw the final table re-run again last Saturday night, so when Dana came to deal at our table, the jokes started flying..."Dana...I saw you on TV 3 nights ago...You just can't seem to get away from that hand Huh"...and "You still have not hit your hand"..."Next time, be sure and lay that hand down"...etc. It was good for a few laughs ;-)

I bought in for $300.00, and there were several people at the table with over $1500.00 in front of them. I got my stack up to about $360.00 when the following hand went down. I am in the BB with 10dJd and the SB makes it $35.00 to go. I call. Flop comes out a dream for me with Kd7d3d. The SB immediately puts out $100.00. I go in the tank for a second to try to figure out what he may have. I have him on Big Slick. I smooth call. Turn card brings the 9s. He immediately bets out $150.00. I now have to put him on Big Slick with the Ad for him to make this play...or I am already dead and he already has the nut flush or the Q high flush. I jam knowing that there is no way we are not getting it all in...Now he goes in the tank. Wow...he already has close to $300.00 in there and it is only around another hundo to call. He comes to the same conclusion and indeed does call...He turns over AdKh. River brings the As, and I double up well over $700.00. I turn a straight a little later and won a medium size pot with pocket 9's. Then the board double paired 4's and 7's and the Mumbling Asian guys called with Ace high after I bet the river. My stack is right at $1100.00 when the following Donkfest hand ensued.

I was thinking of leaving, and was waiting for the button to get around to me when I look down at KhQh. This is a hand I don't like that much but I like to limp in this situation if I can. We have 6 limpers with $30.00 in the pot...Flop comes out KcQsJh. Young internet guy bets out $70.00 and he started the hand with about $250.00 in front of him. I go in the tank juts knowing I am in trouble..."Just fold" I tell myself. Then I start think about what if I hit the Q or K and boat up. I call. everyone else folds, but the Asian mumbler to my right is stewing looking at his cards, and I see that he is folding A-Q...ouch...one of my outs. Turn comes 7s. The guy bets out $125.00 and now I go in the tank and start doing the math...I know I am suppose to fold, but somehow I think I have too much in there to get out now. If I call this, we are definitely getting the rest of his $50.00 or so in the pot. I donk-out and call...even though I know I only have 1 queen to hit. The river bricks...he puts the rest of his chips...I feel I have to call...he turns up 9h-10s for the flopped dummy end of the straight.

I start to Tilt a little here as I know I played the hand terribly. I knew I should have folded. Everyone around the table was saying comments like..."You couldn't have gotten away from that"..."There's no way you can fold in that situation"...and I look at them like donkfish. I want to scream..."Of course I CAN fold here...I only had $75.00 in the pot".

When the button gets to me I cash out for $850.00. A cool $550.00 added to the Bankroll and another lesson learned..."Of course you can fold the top 2 pair when there is an open ended board or the board is suited...of course you can"

"Don't get attached to anything you can't walk away from in less than 30 seconds if you feel the heat's around the corner" Robert Dinero's character Neil Pauly in "Heat"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice score. Learn the lesson move on...Don't kick yourself over it. You still had a good night. Good job

Bad Beet said...

At least you got that sag back . wasnt that the asian who you lost a pot too even though you could see his cards?

Bad Beet said...

i did the movie test . It sad I was Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction. Bad Motherfucker!

Bad Beet said...

Gened, hey playa I cant get your movie review of All In to work. I heard it was better than Rounders.