Saturday, August 18, 2007

Session at Shorty's

Went to Shorty's last night and played and got in a real good game. It really sucked because I don't think I played as well as I should have and booked a loser on the night. I did not catch any cards and I started to push marginal hands. The game had some rally juicy players and there was opportunity to make alot of money, but I just could not get a hand. I got Aces once early in the night. I made it $30.00 pre-flop and got 4 callers. Flop came out uneventful and I jammed and took down the pot there. I got in the game with $300.00 which is what we had to start with. I had up to $550.00 when I got moved to the main game. There was a lady at the table that is known for playing big. I personally watched her take out $500.00 and buy back into the game 6 times. Jack was there and seemed to be doing pretty good, and I got to show our site http://www.gulfcoastpoker.net/ to the Poker room manager Ken. I will be posting up the tournament logistics when I can get around to it.

I hovered around 4-5 hundred for several hours. I tried to push a few hands, and started to bleed off my stack. I should have been more patient. I was getting frustrated. I got down to $230.00 when this hand came up that felted me for the night. I am in the high jack seat when I look down at QsQh. I make it $35.00 and again...get 3 callers. Flop comes out 7s8sJs. Doc on the other end of the table makes it $70.00 to go. The next player raises to $150.00. I go in the tank trying to fiqure out what to do. I figured one of them had the straight and one had the As in their hand. I knew I should have folded...I knew it. I was sitting there telling myself to just dump the hand, but the fact that I had the Qs and was in a spot to triple up if I hit my hand made me spazz out. I knew if I made this call, I could not get away from my hand so I move all in. Well, the SB jams over the top of me...and everybody calls. Great, I have a chance to more than triple up and get back in the game...wrong...we turn over our cards and the Doc has 10d9d the next player shows 3s4s for a flush with a guy shot straight flush draw and the SB tables As2s...and that was my night. I played bad...tried to rush and force some hands and could not fold pocket Queens with the board suited. I drove home feeling like a fish.

Oh well...I am going to head to Amelia tonight to see if they can get a game there.

Oh yea..I almost forgot. I posted in the comments section of my previous blog that I felt that the Boomtown dealer may have robbed me on a hand I posted. Well, I spoke to a guy that was at the table and remembered the hand as he knew the guy that was in it with me. I had K-J and he had A-K the flop actually came out Q-3-J...the K fell on the turn and a Q came on the river. Giving both of us Kings and Queens with the Ace kicker. Sorry for posted the hand wrong.


"At least you have the decency to be disgusted with your own behavior"... "Pushing Tin"

No comments: