Thursday, August 30, 2007

Ist day of the WPT event in Biloxi

Ok...back from the Beau and I busted out of the first event of the WPT event. I was card dead most of the way, but played pretty good none the less...under the circumstances. We started the tournament with $2000.00 in chips which is not very much. I played the 5th hand with AsJs and raised from the button to $150.00. The BB raises it to $350.00 straight and I call. Flop comes out Jh5s4d. BB taps and I bet $200.00 with top pair top kicker, and check-raises me. I have to lay this hand down, and he showed me pocket Kings...OK...1/4 of my stack gone. This is how it went for me most of the day. I had 10% of Wild Bill and 5% of my buddy Ross. Lets see...a couple of other hands I had...

I limp in from the button to a 5 handed flop on the second level with 8h6d. Flop comes out 9c7c5h. Sweet!!!!. Everyone checks around to me and I make it $200.00 to go. The old guy with the WPT Bellagio hat hat did not play a single hand the whole tournament so far calls. Great!!! The last person I wanted to call...in fact...I didn't want anyone to call. The turn brings the 8c. This is the last card I wanted to see. The older gentleman fires out $500.00 and I muck. The best I can do is chop and the worst I could do was lose...I felt I could find a better place to stick in my money.

I get in a hand with a Online Pro names "TimKrank" with Ah5d fro late position. 4 of us limp in the pot. Flop comes out Ad10s5h. TK checks...check...check...I knuckle. Turn brings the 10d. He bets out $200.00 and I call. River bricks out and he checks as well as I and he tables AsJd and I lose...sick...oh so sick. I really like TK though...really nice guy. He plays in the highest cash tournaments online. I pointed him to the site so if you are reading this TK ..."Cheers Brother...Have a cold one on me!!!!". Funny story...he asked me about the site, "You guys have any good players posting or blogging on the site". I said "Nope...Just me and my fellow knucklehead Donkfish" ;-)

We will be adding another blogger to the page soon. It is one of our condo mates names "Verge". That is his name in the FTP forums and online. I like the name...Like "He is on the verge of greatness". Look out for big Verge joining the http://www.gulfcoastpoker.net/ ...Network.

We are in full vampire mode now with a condo full of poker players. We will have some pics up on the site soon!!!!

"In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?" Alan Fords Character Bricktop in "Snatch"

No comments: