Friday, December 14, 2007

Dead Money tonight

We are having our local tournament for the "Dead Money" satellite tonight. We are shooting for at least 10 players, but we will work something out if we get more than that. Last year we were able to pull together 25, and we hoping to be in that same range tonight. This is the 5th year we are having the tournament, and we are pretty happy that we made it this long. I can remember the first year where I thought we would never be able to pull off another one...wow...4 years later and we have sent 4 players to the Main Event. That, in itself, is something to be proud of...way to go Bill!!!!!

We got the official schedule of the 2008 WSOP and it is posted on our site. You can view the schedule at http://www.gulfcoastpoker.net/. They are having 8... $10,000 events this year with the first and last events both being 10 large to buy-in.

I played at Shorty's this weekend and at the Amelia Belle. I got in a hand with a local Asian Player here named "Jessie". I have been gambling with Jessie for over 10 years now in pool, poker, flipping coins...whatever. Jessie is a gambler ...until he disappears on the boats for months at a time to get pumped back up. Don't get me wrong, I like Jessie, I like Jessie because he makes the same calls ...over and over again. The hand we played out is below.

I am at the table in the 8 seat with about $275.00, and Jessie site down in the 6 seat. I am in the BB with 3c6d, and their are 5 limpers to me...I knuckle the table. The flop comes out 4s5d9s. Old guy with the cigar in seat 1 makes it $20.00 to go, Jesse calls as do I. The turn brings the 7h. Bingo...I have my hand. OGWC fires out $35.00...and Jessie raises to $90. I go in the tank...

...Could he have 6-8? Yea...its possible...but I don't think so. I think he is on the spades. Jessie is a gambler and if he raised here with the spade draw, he is going to go all the way with the hand. I jam here...and he calls and tables As2s. River brings the Ks and thats a wrap.

I say "Good Hand Man", and Jessie shrugs his shoulders and says, "What do you want me to do?"...nothing at all Jessie. I want you to make that same call everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. I want you to put all of your chips in the middle as an 80-20 dog. Amazing how variance plays cruel jokes on us. I am not even going to get into the online hands. I will give you a small taste though. LLMTSNG on stars with 27 players. We are head up and I have the villain covered by $400.00. He jams with Kc10s and I call with AsJh...and lose...thats the way it goes


"Any man thats got the guts to sell his soul for love has got the power to change the world, you didn't do it for greed, you did it for the right reason, maybe that puts God on your side, to them that makes you dangerous, makes you unpredictable, thats the best thing you can be right now" Sam Elliot as the Caretaker in "Ghostrider"

No comments: