Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Running Bad...Playing Bad

That's right folks, the variance is again catching up with me. It is very discouraging as it seems to happen every year at this time. Right between Thanksgiving and the New Year, the variance seemed to catch up with me. Once this starts, my game starts to go to shit also. I start to push hands, and start to loose my patience which is not a good recipe.

Played in the FTF (FullTiltForum) freeroll Sunday night and played bad. Congrats to DirteAA for winning the tournament. Way yo go EDDDDEEEEAAYYYYYY ;-). I then got deep in a 180 player MTT on stars, and was the Chip Leader for awhile. I was second in chips when we got down to 3 tables, and I donked out like a donkfish.

I cashed in the Bi-monthly tournament at Boomtown Saturday. Bill and I were both still in it when we got down to 2 tables, and I was confident that we would both make the final table. Bill goes out with Aces...AGAIN. Boomtown has some kind of curse on Bill when it comes to busting out of their tournaments with Aces. This is like...the 10th time that has happened. They had moved us to the final table, and I was the small stack when the following events transpired. The tournament director asked us if we want to pay 6 places ...or 10 as what was advertised. I was in the 8 seat next to Craig Mordock, a local attorney and accomplished local player, and another local legend name "Back to Back" AKA "BB"(Don't know his real name). They are screaming to pay 6 places for a higher pay out and I am keeping quiet as I am curious to see what transpires. Everyone else at the final table had healthy stacks, and the chip leader was in the 2 seat. The TD announces that it must be a majority to change the payout. Well, she ask , "Who wants to pay 10 places. 5 people raise their hand...and everybody just looks around...and then all stares come to me ...the shortstack at the table. What am I to do? ...of course I raised my hand. I just kind of felt that I let BB and Craig down. They were not happy with me, but I sure as hell did not want to be the deciding vote, and the chip leader was one of the people that voted to pay 10...oh well. BB and Craig...if you guys read this...I apologize.

I have decided to move down until the first of the year to try to get my bankroll back healthy. I have been playing some home games and bar tournaments. I cashed last night in a local tournament here in New Orleans. There were 41 players and I got 5th...heading to play in another one tonight.

I want to give a shout out to my Man...Ira "ActionJunkie" Gibbs from Tampa. Ira and I worked together several years ago, and we use to hang out and chase women in Orlando, He is a great guy, but it is so funny that I never new he played poker until I talked to our old Boss. We have re-connected, and I looked him up and it seems Ira is playing way ahead of where I am at. He is living in Vegas, and he satellited into the Main Event of the 5 Diamond Poker Classic at the Bellagio coming up next week. Go get 'em Ira!!!!!...I will be sweating you on the net.

"Let's put the women and children to bed and go lookin' for dinner!" Craig Sheffer as Joe Kane in "the Program"

1 comment:

dooleyera said...

why would you apologize...if they were in your situation, short stack and 5 others supporting, they vote for 10 place payout too.

if they want a higher payout get in a higher fee tourney. risk vs reward.