Thursday, July 05, 2007

Good Luck to Wild Bill at the WSOP!!!

What more needs to be said. I have my plane ticket ready to go as soon as you make it to Day4, I will be heading that way to sweat you. I hope everything goes your way.

I am heading to Harrah's tonight to get in some action. I hope to be heading to the Gulf Coast next week. I plan on giving it hell at the IP and the Beau. I have still not made it out to check out the Amelia Belle. Damn...I need to get out there.

We will be posting some pics up on the site of some of the locals here around the southeast. I took these pics at the poker club we use to have in Houma...Sixth Street Social Club. I have pics of Tex, Joe B...etc.

We are planning a local tournament in Houma next week. It will happen on Thursday night 7/12. It will be $100 buy in...last month we had close to 30 people. Hopefully we will get enough people there to make a good tournament.

"Thirty years from now, when you're sitting around your fireside with your grandson on your knee and he asks you, "What did you do in the great World War II," you won't have to say, "Well... I shoveled shit in Louisiana."," George C Scott as General Patton in "Patton"

1 comment:

slowplayjay said...

Gene do you know why that dude chris who owned the Sixth Street Social Club close it? I enjoyed playing there and he seemed like he had a good thing running? Everytime i went, which wasn't often, there was always a good tournament going on with a nice cash game on the side for some of the better players in the area