Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Poker...and so on

I will go ahead and post some interesting stuff that I thought you guys may be interested in. I will be playing tonight at either Shorty's or the Amelia Belle. I will try to get some hands tomorrow.

--We have Wild Bill on a mission this week as he has made a deal with his girl that he will play everyday this week. I think the deal was to play until he booked a loser. I told him that he may just want to play every day this week, and just do the math to see were he is at. Even though he books a loser on one day, if he wins 5 out of 7 days, that would be considered a huge win in my book. Lets keep an eye on Wildbills Blog as he said he will be outlining lots of the action, and breaking down lots of hands

--Anybody who plays this game and has taken a huge loss at some point needs to read sbrugby's blog. I have posted a link. This is one of the most prolific online/live players in the business. He is one of my favorite players and I read his blog often. Of course this is Brian Townsend.
http://www.cardrunners.com/fusetalk/blog/categories.cfm?catid=156
It hurts to get caught in a stone cold bluff and get you ass handed to you. I felt the kick in the gut when I read this blog...He lost 1.8 million on 1 hand on a stone cold bluff against Bobby Baldwin in the "Big Game". You will read where he says he ..."Just got caught up in the Bluff and could not get away from it"...good stuff

--I heard on poker radio show that there was "reliable sources" that when Matusow got 2nd place in the Bellagio Cup where he lost to Kevin “BeL0WaB0Ve” Saul that there were numerous people sweating him in the crowd and cheering. It would be great to have that many folks watching your final table only these were debt collectors and repo guys for mob types. This reliable source said that Matusow supposevily got out of the Bellagio with around 50 large after paying off all his debts to these "sweaters". Hmmm...lets see win $670,000 and leave with $50,000. Dude ...lay off the sports betting.

--If you guys have not checked out Mark Newhouse's blog about Dustin "Neverwin" Woolf, it is for good reading. When Mark won his WPT event last year for in Borgata, he was at the table with Chris Bell who pulled him on the side before they left the stage and gave Mark some solid advice. This was Mark's first "Big Win", and the program I listen to said he was seen as a very nice guy but was kind of a loner and he wanted to be "accepted" in the pro poker crowd. Bell supposedly pulled Newhouse on the side and told him, "That he needed to take out a sheet of paper right then and there...now...write down on that sheet of paper your 10 best friends in the whole world. When someone ask you to borrow money you need to take out that sheet of paper, and if there name is not on it, don't do it"
http://www.wisehandpoker.com/blog/index.php/mnewhouse
Pan down to the post "Neverwin is a scumbag". Also, neverwin is dating jennicide as her name comes up in the blog in case you did not know.

"Am I my brothers Keeper?" Wesley Snipe's Character Nino Brown in "New Jack City"

2 comments:

BullFeathers said...

Life is not so all afternoon delight for the top pros.

Bad Beet said...

Beet wants a GCP hat and hoodie. Hook a brotha up. I will wear it at the Five card stud tournament in Montgomery next week.

Mike matusow, thats my boy . A true gambler. "Kiddie game down the fuckin street" lol