Monday, July 02, 2007

Last comment on the domain issue

This post is a reply to Kevin, Haterade or whoever???


I will try to keep this short as I don't have much time.
  1. All our gear will have "gulfcoastpoker.net" on it.
  2. We also...Have put in for copyright with a lawyer that specializes in this sort of thing from New York. He also plays with us in the "Dead Money" tournament you will be reading about. Bill is meeting with him Friday...in Vegas...at the WSOP.
  3. Please do not post on my blog anything more about this. My blog is for poker.
  4. If you want to discuss this, than e-mail me at genedeee@gmail.com with proof that you own the domain name. We do not know who you are. You could be some Internet kook posting on here just to cause trouble...we don't know.

Some things that we do know that are facts:

  1. They got gulfcoastpokerclub.com in Jan of '06. Gulfcoastpoker.net was available then. It was available up until I purchased it and put up our site in Sept. '06. Our site has been up for almost a year now. Why did he not get the .net version then?
  2. We had our site up before they did.
  3. They are posting on our site as we have lots of traffic. None of our people are posting to their site. Are they trying to use our site to drive traffic to theirs?...I don't know...you be the judge.
  4. Once they went to get the .com version, and then "Stumbled" upon our site. Why did they continue to get the .com version when they saw that we were already doing it?
  5. We are not anonymous...we are public, and our skill levels are proven.
  6. The picture on their site is not of the Mississippi Gulf Coast.

Until we know who were dealing with, not some anonymous poster on my blog that "Claims" they own the domain name, we are in a "Business as Usual" mode. We are not looking to get in a pissing match with anyone. Can we work with people...sure we can. If we meet the person that owns .com and we feel comfortable with him...who knows. It would be a combination of lots of variables.

Back to Poker...WE will be adding another blogger from the Tampa area that will be blogging on the Western Gulf Coast of Florida. He has 3 cashes in major tournaments with the results being public on poker sites, and He also cashed in last years main event.

Stay tuned...


"Guess what guys, it's time to embrace the horror! Look, we've got front row tickets to the end of the earth!" Steve Buscemi's character Rockhound in "Armageddon"





12 comments:

Kevin G. said...

I'm working on sending an email to discuss further and "prove" my ownership.

One question: Still the first hour of a live freezeout w/ blinds at 100/200 . Haven't had one playable hand the whole tournament. Sitting on 2000 in chips and know I have to start picking up some chips soon. One table breaks and a couple of new people move to our table.

Next hand I'm UTG w/ AQs and make it 600 to go. One of the new guys in middle position min raises to 1200. Everyone folds to me.

What's your play?
Fold, call, or raise? Why?

bubble boy said...

i tell you what kevin, tell me how you played te hand and then i will tell you how you misplayed the hand.i would have made the 600 call and asked the guy if he wanted to chop the pot.

Bad Beet said...

Dooleyera is a ass pirate. Sorry Liberachy lookin self

GeneD said...

"Petty"..."Crybaby"...Wanna Be"...post "deleted" here. Haterade...Do something original...loser

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Hey guys, looks like Ive missed some action here. Been busy catching up on my business as I got home a few days ago. I feel like i need a vacation to recoop and I feel like showering 3 times a day. This house just aint the same without Roxy. Seeing her dish and favorite stuffed toy, anyway I digress...

In response to Kevin, apology accepted and I apologize as well for calling you liverlips and saying your site looks like Hawaii.I also need to apologize to Vanessa Selbst's strap-on.

In response to Dooleyera ,the guy hasnt posted in over a month and is worried about my Jack Handey quotes which I cant remember the last time I used one. And my profile is on Cardplayer Mag you buttmonkey. Why do you care? Yes you posted one JH quote and I quoted several of my favorites after that. Tim Burton didnt create Batman but he made the best damn Batman movies. I give you credit for the Charles Nelson Reilly bit ,its your thing.(pretty disturbing though)

You said that the dinner menu was funny (which was bubbleboy) I would like to know what is funny about eating like a king at some of the finest steak houses in Vegas. i wasnt laughing at Prime when BB and I were tearing up filets with asperagus bordalaise.One thing was funny however,eating at Burger King. Not because it was BK but because of what i did to Gomez. BB got his food and was sitting down grubbing,I got my tray and walked over to his table wearing the paper crown on my head. He laughed so hard his soda blasted thru his nose ruining his french fries. He said I looked just like the King commercial. Gened would have loved it. Later that night after our heavy partying Gomey and I splurged on a couple of bombshell blonde hookers. We all went up to my suite where we banged those broads so much Peter North would have been proud. On my second round I had my ho on her back with her knees by her head. I knew BB was on break with his sheila watching the Captain at work, I reach over and put on my BK crown and proceed to pound that nanny while getting her to say YOUR THE KING OF THIS P*&%Y. Gomez and his betty were laughing hysterically. BB told me laughed so hard he crapped his drawers.I dont know if he really did you would have to ask him. Awe man ..Good times.

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

If I ever went to war, instead of throwing a grenade, I'd throw one of those small pumpkins. Then maybe my enemy would pick up the pumpkin and think about the futility of war. And that would give me the time I need to hit him with a real grenade

Jack Handey

dooleyera said...

I must have missed your cardplayer profile. post that link stacks. good work with Gooey Gomez after a night at BK. sounds like you got the Double Whopper Combo with some extra snatch. BK is right about "have it your way"

"If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy." -- Jack Handey

slowplayjay said...

Captainstacks "King of Cash" you should call yourself Catainstacks" King Of Poonanny". I have never been to Vegas but i have friends who went and i heard stories and i also have seen some crazy stuff on Tv. What I want ti know is how much does it honestly cost for a " Blonde Bombshell hooker"?

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

$400-500 for an hour slowplay

"Hey Boy, Im your team leader"

Mark Jaboo Pitts

slowplayjay said...

my god i could never afford that. Are you serious $4000 to $500 a hour. How many hours did you get her for? you must have lots of money. Who is Mark Jaboo Pitts? Is that a character on a Star Wars Movie

C.S. said...

Kevin... Harrington says you got 10x the big blind so your move was to go all in when you were first to act. Course Harrington doesn't play many of our smaller level tournaments where you almost start out short stacked and so does everyone else. However, this situation illustrates the reasoning behind his advice.

Your raise takes you to 1400. The pot is now 2100. It's 600 to call which is over 3 to 1 on your money. Let's say he has Ks, most likely holding since you have an ace and a queen (and we are giving his min raise credit for a stronger holding). Then your hand is still 30% to win. Let's say he's got AK again 30% to win.

AA has you 9 to 1 and you should fold. QQ and again you around 30%. So you are getting the right odds to call for all but aces. If you don't have a tell on him you have to assume he has one of these other holdings. So at least calling is the "book" decision.

If you call you are left with 800. But really what can the flop bring to keep you from playing? Also, what are you going to do with 800. These odds are based on seeing five cards and not 3.

I say push all in and see all five cards. You have a tiny bit of fold equity here and might get a guy to lay down every once in a while especially if he was unaware of your chip situation when he tried to resteal with say suited connectors. You might have the best hand.

If you somehow think this guy is sitting on the bullets take your licks and fold, and try to do something with 1400. After the blinds you'll still have 1100 to push with.

If I think the table is weak sometimes I'll go against the book. I know I'm supposed to push, but if I think I can still outplay my opponents with a short stack and get my money in good, I might play tighter in spots where you are supposed to chuck and duck.

What happened?

C.S. said...

By the way, I didn't flesh out Harrington's reasoning. Had you gone all in, even to win a paltry 300 you have far greater fold equity. Instead, you going over the top for 800 because you pretty much have to, gives the villian this decision: 800 to call to win a pot of... 3500. Over 4 to 1. Unless he has AK and puts you on AAs he has to call with any holding. Thus, all your chips are in the pot, with no room for him to get out. Your only chance at winning the hand by making him fold was at the beginning with all of your chips.

Granted a math type player or a book player will consider this and know he has to call you with anything... while some of the yahoos we play with won't even think about that shiznit and might fold to your strong over the top all in move despite the math.