Saturday, July 28, 2007

Harrah's session...Neteller...and TonyG

I am a little pissed as there was a tournament at Boomtown today that I missed because I forgot about it. I think wildbill and goondingy were able to make it. I played last night at Harrah's. I posted a small win. There were lots of out of towners and tourist playing. There are having the Arena Bowl in New Orleans. I played one hand bad that I will outline below. I had an aggressive lunchbox from Biloxi in a trap, and instead of getting paid off, I checked to trap and he sniffed out the trap. I am in a 1-2 game in the BB and we see a flop with 6 limpers. I have Kh4s and the flop comes out Kc4h2d. Sweet flop for me. I make it $15.00 to go and get 4 callers. The turn brings the 6c. From here I make it $50.00 to go and the only caller I get is the lunchbox. River brings the Ks. I have the nuts and "Check" to set the bear trap, and he goes in the tank and starts asking questions. "You have a straight?"...and "You in the BB?"...I know I blew it when he asked this...he turns over KdJh without betting. Everyone at the table got a good laugh out of it.
I know that he would have called a $100.00 bet without even flinching.

Some Poker news:
Neteller is finally going to pay us all our money. As most of you know as I have posted before, Neteller owes me, and lots of other p[layers in the U.S. some cheese. I am going to go with the check option. They claim they will send you a check in the snail mail. http://content.neteller.com/content/en/member_businessupdate_us.htm

You guys got to read Newhouse's post about neverwin...looks like they have also sold their site to pokernews.com. Something about Neverwin and Tony G will be playing heads-up for a percentage ...or something. I wonder if Newhouse would get his money if he started yelling at neverwin like Tony G will be doing?

Speaking of Tony G, looks like he is at war with the cardplayer people. Looks like the Shulman's were "cheesing out" on posting the WSOP chip counts. You can read about it here.
Cardplayer family stealing from me.

I would also like to post a link to an article I liked alot. It breaks down the friendships of 2007 WSOP main event final tabler Hevan Khan and Brendan Keenan. It goes into the dynamics of dealing with variance and downturns and the importance of having support groups in place. It points out that this is crucial in bouncing back after loses when you have people there to pick you up. Just being a sounding board for a friend could be crucial in his comeback. You guys can find it here. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19782936/

"The next one after "Queens Boulevard" is a studio picture: I'm talking franchise, baby. We'll get you the lunchbox and an action figure" Jeremy Piven's character Ari Gold in "Entourage"

No comments: