Friday, November 23, 2007

Booked a small win at Shorty's

I was able to grind out a small win at Shorty's, and I had to leave right when the game got a little juicy. I lost a quarter of my stack in the third hand. The third hand in I look down at Pocket 9's from the BB. The 1 seat, that has about $140.00, raises to $30.00, and a friend of mine, Clayton V, called the raise from the 6 seat. I make a big raise to put the 1 seat all in and Clayton folds.

The 1 seat calls and tables AdQd and I table my pocket 9's. Flop comes out Jd8s5c...sweet for me right?...negative. Seat 1 goes runner-runner for a diamond flush with 10d on the turn and 2d on the river.

I plan on heading back there tomorrow to see what the action is like. There was some really cool guys there tonight. There were the regulars like Jack S and Allen, and I met a couple of other good players. One guy named Jared was on my left, and come to find out we are both in the same industry in our day jobs. Really cool guy and a good player also.

The circuit event event starts today, but I will be tied up with work for this week. I work in Sales and the end of the month is the crucial time for us. Hopefully, I can get down there to play some satellites this week. I played on Stars all week and booked some small cashes in some low limit MTT with 180 people in it. Nothing to talk about but it does keep my online bankroll alive and kicking.

Anyone coming this way for the circuit event, drop Bill and I line so we can get together and chat. We would love to meet some of you guys.

"There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!" Ben Kingsley's Character Cosmo in "Sneakers"

No comments: