Friday, November 23, 2007

Heading to Shorty's...Pokerroad radio

Well...its Black Friday and the malls are pumping with sales, the retail world is being turned upside down, and I am sitting on my couch playing low limit MTT's on Stars and watching King Kong. There is no other place I would rather be right now. I just got off the phone with Wild Bill, and he is knee deep in Black Friday at the Mall in Pensacola with his Mom and Grandma.

I will be heading to Shorty's layer today...or maybe the Amelia Belle if they get a game to look at some hands live. My bankroll is not as healthy as I would like it at this time, so I am trying to work my bankroll back up to where I am comfortable firing several bullets at the circuit event with no worries. Of course that is the basis of this blog and our site. Everyday "Joe's" grinding it out on a daily basis in low-level NL games and online trying to hit it big in a tournament.

If you have been reading my blog recently, you will know that I was a big fan of poker wire radio, and I have alot of respect for Joe Sebok and Gavin Smith. I have played against Joe several World Series ago, and he is a cool guy. We both have that "traveling spirit". Well, with the collapse of poker wire radio comes the birth of Poker Road Radio. They have been working on the site, and it debuted several months back. I am trying to catch up on some episodes, but the one with Eugene Todd "Bro" is hilarious. I really like this guy. He is from "New YOOORK" and he is funny as hell. My wife listened while we where in the car, and she even likes the guy...and she has never heard of him. Gavin, Joe and Barry G give great analysis on hands and poker theory in general. I just finished listening to the episode with Johnathan Little...good stuff. I highly recommend it...well...over an out...back to the "Grind".

"I believe in a long prolonged derangement of the senses to attain the unknown... Although I live in the subconscious, our pale reason hides the infinite from us" Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison in "The Doors"

No comments: