Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Lafayette Adventure

Well, we made it back from Lafayette and what a great time we had. The tournament was very nice, but they did not get the turn-out that they were expecting. We are waiting for the winners to be sent to us so we can post it up on the site.

The Tournament was run fairly smooth by a company called "Small Town Poker Tour". The Executive Producer, Mark F, came chat with Bill and I for some time. He really liked the site, and I think we may get to do some things in the future together...Hopefully. They had some dealers that they brought in, the tables were very big and comfortable and the format was pretty cool. You started with $16,000 in chips and the blinds started at $100.00 and $200.00.

Wild Bill, Tex and I made the journey. There were some other notable players there also. We will have some pics up as soon as we get the winners also. I got to joke around with Tim H. for a second as I said, "Damn man...your the big celebrity here tonight and your from Lafayette"...he laughed at that. Tim is from Lafayette and won a preliminary event in New Orleans earlier this year, and he made a nice run in the main event of the local WPT event held at the Beau recently. Really nice guy , and a hell of a player. I met and played with him numerous times years ago at Shorty's and in Baton Rouge.

We all busted out within 15 minutes of each other and we decided to hit the after party at the Jefferson Pub downtown on Jefferson st...Hmmmm...lets see...Me, Bill, Tex, Jefferson St Pub and alcohol...Strap in your seat belts!!! Armed with a handful of free drink vouchers each, we descended on downtown Lafayette. We started with Beers, moved to Grey Goose and Cranberry and finished the night with Shots. We went in Tex's truck as we knew we didn't want 3 cars out drinking. We got in the truck to go to the Hotel, and I immediately feel asleep, more like passed out, in the back seat of Tex's truck....

...I wake up in the back seat of his truck at 8:00am with the seatbelt connector in my back, my arm numb from me sleeping on it, a rot gut mouth and a trash-can head as big as a balloon...in the parking lot of the Isle of Capri in Lake Charles...WTF??? I felt like I was in a Hunter S Thompson novel wondering how I got to where I was.

Tex and Bill pulled an all nighter and were in the mist of a 8 hour session. I felt like shit, but Tex booked a solid high 4 digit win...so I guess it was worth it. I got to my car at the Cajun Dome at noon on Sat, and headed home. I couched it the rest of the day. It has been awhile since I slept in a car...I am TOO OLD FOR THIS S%$#!!!! ;-)

"Alright, I'll do it. But do me one last favor, will you. Can you give me two hours? That's all I ask man, just two hours to sleep before tomorrow. I suspect it's going to be a very difficult day" Johnny Depp's Character Raoul Duke in "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

No comments: