Friday, November 02, 2007

Heading to Lafayette...Cooler at the IP

Bill and I are heading to Lafayette to play in the Acadiana Poker Classic. Hopefully we can do something in this one. If anyone is running late, I think they are letting people buy in all the way until 9:00pm.

We went to the start of the IP Poker Classic and played in several tournaments there. They had a slow start, but it looks like they are getting more and more people as the tournament moves on. The play is centered around the 3rd floor. They have pulled out all the slot machines and have opened up the room alot. They are not using that room over by the movies...shit...I don't even think they have the movies there anymore. I played in the 2nd chance tournament and made it halfway thru. From there we went to the Beau and I played some 2-5 while Bill played 1-2. I bought in for $400.00 and picked up about $160.00 in about 2 hours.

We went back to the IP and I again sat in the 2-5 game there. I was in for $400.00 and started to Bleed off chips right at first. I then made a solid bluff and a guy in the 10 seat with a board of Q-7-8-3-J. There was about $80.00 in the pot as we checked it down to me on the button. He called with pocket 10's. Oh well...good call.

It was actually a pretty cool game, and I want to give a "Shout" out to Joe who was sitting in the 9 seat at the table with the black IP hat on. He visits gulfcoastpoker.net regularly and reads our blogs. He recognized me, and told me he likes the site. This will bring me to the hand that felted me for the night. I have about $170.00 left and there are 6 of us left. The 8 seat raised to $20.00, and I smooth call with Ks8s and so does 2 others. The Flop comes down 10s5s4d. I check as does the other 2, and the 8 seat fires out $50.00. I call and the other 2 fold. The turn brings the As..."Gin". I knuckle...8 seats fires out $75.00...I raise and we get it all in. I announce, "I have the K high for the nuts"...and he announces "Yea...but I have a full house" as the 5d peels off on the river. He tables 5h4s....Brutal.

Well ...took a hit, but that's OK. I am feeling good about my game, I think I am being patient and I just need to stay focused.

"You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period. " Will Smith as Chris Gardner in "The Pursuit of Happyness"

1 comment:

joe nardo said...

hey its joe. as i said i love this website and hope it grows. cheers to all the lunchboxes out there.