Thursday, June 21, 2007

Heading back to Tunica next week

I have been told by my boss that he will need me back in Memphis next week, so this means I will be heading back to Tunica. I will be staying at the Goldstrike on Monday thru Friday, but will have to work from 8 to 5. This should still give me some ample time to play some tournaments while I am there. I am going to post up on here the tournaments I plan on playing.

Monday night 6pm @ The Goldstrike with a $100/$25 freeze-out with a $5000 guarantee
Tues night 6pm @ The Goldstrike with a $50/$10
Wed night 6pm @ Sam's Town with a $80/$25 Freeze-out
Thurs night 6pm @ The Goldstrike with a $100/$25 F/O with a $5000 guarantee

I will try to keep everyone posted on how I do. Lets Poker Martin actually cashed in one of the Deep stack events at the Venetian. I think he fell around 35th and collected about $1400.00. Good job buddy!!!

Fellow blogger Captain Stacks is now blogging and you can find his blog in my comments section. I am going to talk to "Wild" Bill and see if maybe we can link the blog with our site...with stacks approval of course. We are still working on the site...it looks kind of cheesy right now. I want to apologize for missing you in Vegas stacks. I wish I now would have made it a point to go meet you guys, but it was crazy. It looks like he also has a 1st place cash for over a quarter of a million. Damn Stacks...I didn't know I would attract someone of your skill level to my blog. Let me know when you want to stake me...I am all ears on whatever you would suggest. I have been looking for a stakehorse to put me in a couple of tournaments. I can be ...your "Protege" HaHaHaHahHaHa. Sort of like Negreanu and Anthony Mak...no seriously...Thanks for showing yourself. The mustache is pretty cool.

I have had numerous conversations with lots of my friends about whether this is a good idea or not. Some said I should have kept my anonymity while other commended me for coming out and having the balls to put myself out there like this. I have "Lurked" on so many blogs in the past years, and finally I said, Oh well, lets see where this all goes.

"I came here to do two things..drink beer and kick some ass..looks like we're almost out of beer" Ben Affleck's character O'bannion in "Dazed and Confused"

2 comments:

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Thanks Gene it was a nice hit for me and a pleasure watching "Sugar Bear" lose his huge chip lead. biggest arrogant prick I ever faced . He is a nobody and was talking all that east coast tough guy shit. Good luck in Tunica.

Well all the fun ive been having took a little nosedive when I lost 8k in cash last night, bad beats ,blah,blah. Then I got word my golden retriever Roxy died. Pretty bummed I need a drink.

bubble boy said...

sounds like a tough night stacks, losing 8k is one thing but losing Roxy the same night had to be horrible. The way you talked about him I knew you'll were close. Keep your head up my friend. If you need to talk you know how to reach me. I am leaving Vegas Sunday night and will be spending a few days at the house doing some things. I ran into someone who said he knew you. His name was Buddy Thomas. We sat by each other in a tourament Wednesday and i was talking about the Spearmint Rhino and what they got going on over and there and your name came up and he said he knew you back in high school? He sounded legit but he might have been pulling my chain. Anyway you and GeneD, and C.S have inspired me to crank up my new blog again. Don't worry i will still be posting on here frequently.
http://bigmoneygripworld.blogspot.com

check it out if you have time, good luck in Tunica Gene D