Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Tunica update...and stealing ideas...what a world

I want to start out by giving some info on the tournament I played last night at the Gold Strike. It was an $100.00 buy in with a $25.00 entry and think we had in between 55-60 players. Johnny G really worked the room well as they have a guaranteed $5000.00 prize pool. 10 minutes to 6pm and we only has 34 players. This would have left us with a huge overlay. We would have to get 50 people for their not to be an overlay. It was pretty sweet sweating the pre-tournamet vibe as that's all everyone was talking about.

I got in 2 hands early that really solidified my table image, and helped me also with my read on the table. The first one was really easy and fairly simple. I am UTG with the blinds at $25-$50 and I look down and pocket jacks...the hand everyone loves to hate. I make it $225.00 to go because I hate the hand and would rather take it down there. Everyone folds around to the BB who calls...Hmm...lets seeeee...lets call $175 more to protect $50. I immediately put him a monster. Flop comes As10c3d. I check ...he checks turn comes 9d...I check ...he bets out $500 and I say, "Yea...you better try to get something out of the monster hand you have" and I fold the Jacks up...he smiles and shows the pocket aces.

The next hand I had pocket 10's in middle position. There were 3 limpers, so I made a nice raise to 3-4 times the BB. The cutoff re-raises. we see the flop 2 handed heads-up Flop comes Ac9c6d. I check...guy checks. turn bring Ah. I go in the tank here thinking I can steal the pot. My fear is that he played something like A-K to A-Q. I decide to just check...dude checks. Now this has me wondering what he has. I still have him on a big hand...but doe she have an Ace? The river brings the Qs...I now check...he can't even pull his hand back from the middle of the pot before I fold the 10's face-up. He shows pocket Kings.

We wound up chopping 8 ways…I took home $545 after dealer tip out…picked up another $125.00 in a 1-3 NL cash game at the Horseshoe. 1 for 1 on the week so far

Stealing ideas...Well what do you know...it looks like since I have been dragging my feet on getting our regional website up and running, someone has decided to steal my idea. I should not have been telling so many people about what we were planning to do. I should have known better. I knew the .com version was set to expire soon, and we planned on grabbing it. I guess we will just have to see who has the better site once we have our stuff up. We have 5 more bloggers set to start posting soon, "Wild" Bill and I are are adding things and changing things daily, and we are planning on using the WPT event in Biloxi to kick off our site. I am just wondering who it is that is starting the other site. I wonder whether I actually know them...or did they just read my blog and said, "Hey...that's a great idea".

This is the USA, and competition is free and fair. This blog will be the testament that building a regionalized website around the gulf coast region...was my idea

"Waaarrioooors! come out and play!...Warriors, come out out and PLAY-YAAAA" David Patrick Kelly's character Luther in "The Warriors"

8 comments:

C.S. said...

Gene that site is poo-poo. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody extending their own long running joke has bought that domain name. It's squatters it's alright, we were there first with the same concept, if it ever went to court they'd have to give it up to us. They are the lowest form of scum and courts recently have been harsh to them, charging them penalties for their thievery and covetness.

C.S. said...

should have read "IF it's squatters..."

C.S. said...

Gene I talked to my friend who is a lawyer. Good thing we dotted our i's and crossed our t's when coming up with Gulf Coast Poker. Our attorney will start the processes as necessary tomorrow.

Haterade said...

Hello gentlemen, I enjoy your blogs. Gulfcoastpoker.com is a site that I believe fellow bloggers will love. It is in no way a copy of Gulfcoastpoker.net. I wish you gentlemen good luck with your site and invite you to be a part of ours as well. We will be up and running shortly and are excited to what this site will bring to local poker players.

Goondingy said...

I just wanted to comment on your play. You know how I play Geno...I believe that I am a nice bankroll away from hitting it big!LOL!, anyways...the pocket Jacks...why so much under the gun? I see where you ended up at the end of the day but that is a good hand. I know you are very good at making reads when playing unknowns, I believe when you do make that type of raise only two maybe three hands will call. Now you have invested 250 to take down 75. Make your standard raise or substandard raise double the blind, that one pisses people off, and play the flop...you are a flop player baby!!! I know what Harrington says but...
The next thing is why show your cards? Do you want them to not pay you off, or pay you off? I do not like the showing cards thing, I hate to give information and that to me is like finding gold when a player like yourself revels himself and the amount he raises and why he did so..."hmm pocket jacks five times the bb...gotcha!" Sorry about rambling on, but you and I do well in these low buy in tourneys but tend to just bubble out or barely make the money in deepstackers, where better players get closer to the money...know what I mean. Geez do I ramble or WHAT?!? Peace

BullFeathers said...

I tell a better tale about 10s vs. Kings on my website. Pour yourself a merlot and please take off your bowler when you visit but please visit. I need to get me traffic up. Gene, this is a better effort and I'm glad out of your gang of posters you at least can keep your posts passing mustard. Another advert for my site:

http://pokerintherearliquorinthefront.blogspot.com/

I discuss English tournament legend Boyle Drunson.

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Go shit in a hat bullfeathers . I will be lighting a cigar and drinking a cold Bud on 1776 Day and thinking about my forefathers and how they pimpslapped you Redcoats. You limeys think your so superior with your crumpets and tea and crooked teeth. Cheerio.

Anyway guys got my tournament debacle posted on my blog. But still having a blast with my aussie pal. Man he is sick. lol

"Yipee Ki Yay Mother%@**er"
Jack McClain -movie Die Hard

C.S. said...

Enjoyed the story Captain Stacks. You wouldn't have happened to have lived in New Mexico for a spell would you have?