Friday, June 15, 2007

Tunica update

Alright now. I am taking some heat for my photos from the old school guys. Sorry about that. I guess I dress for comfort at the table. That hat is my new America Eagle cap that turns inside out and it is camo on the inside. I was actually thinking of making that my new "Poker Hat". Kind of like Jared Hamby. I heard that Barry Greenstein got alot of flack from the pocktfives.com Internet poker crowd because he referred to Jared as "The kid with the green hat". You see, Jared is always seen with an old Green Baylor hat that is all worn out and scuffed up. You know, like he took it and scrapped it up against a brick wall or something. I assume that is why his nickname is the "The Waco Kid". "Louisiana Lightning" is already taken by Herbie Montalbano. Herbie is a nice guy. He always comes and sits in the 2-5nl games at Harrah's when he is in town. I last played with Herbie when he came down to visit his folks during Christmas. I saw him in the $5000.00 PL Hold-em tourney while I was there. I didn't get to talk to him, but he did acknowledge me with a little point of his finger...but I digress

Wednesday night weekly at Sams Town. $80.00 buy in $25.00 entry. There were a disappointing 43 players. I expected more. I got down to the final 2 tables and jammed short stacked with pocket 4's only to run into Pocket Kings. I did make quad Kings about halfway thru the tournament and let a guy catch up and get his flush on the river while calling on every street, and then retired him when he jammed with the Jack high flush against my quads. It was sweet. I got lots of cudo's on my acting ability as several old timers ribbed me that they knew I had a monster.

Last night was the weekly $100.00/$25.00 at the Gold Strike. It was cool to see Johnny Grooms again and chat with him about this years WSOP. I am wondering whether my "brother from another mother" Jason Lipscomb will become as famous as Johnny. Jason is currently working the series and I know he did the final table commentating on the Reslock/Ivey final table...but I digress...again. I made to the final 2 tables, yea...I know, not a good pattern. There was this pretty girl that sat there the entire first 4 rounds and did not play one hand. All of a sudden she just blows up, and starts gathering chips and bullying the table. She caught me on a bluff for a quarter of my stack. Then I noticed a tell. Every time she capped her cards it seemed she had a monster. I saw her not cap her cards a couple of times, and she got caught in a bluff on the one hand she had to show-down "uncapped". I am on the button and there are 3 limpers to her and she jams..."Uncapped". I look down at A-9o. I think for a long time trying to get a read on her. She looks a little nervous, but nothing significant. "I call" and show the A-9. She smiles and turns over K-Qo. Right where I wanted to be...until a King and Queen hit the flop...Yikes. GeneD is deposited to the rail. In hindsight, I don't think she was on a bluff, but I did get it in with the best of it.

Please check out Wild Bills Blog at http://sleepwiththefishesdineonthewhales.blogspot.com/
He is my partner in crime, and we hope to have our site up soon where we will link both our blogs with our regional site. I know...I know...I have been talking about this for awhile now with nothing to show for it. The site has not changed and I am starting to get some heat from my buddies as the "Under Construction" signs are looking pretty worn. I think you guys will like Bill's prose. He has a lot more wit in his writing, and he can remember hands alot better that I can.

Bill did mention on his blog that I got bust out this year by Siedel, and last year I busted out J. Chan. Of course they were both put in the spotlight by the movie Rounders. What is the
significance? I don't know but I think Eric Bana and Robert Duvall better stay out of my way.
Or what about Sly and Jamie Fox from Shade...Yea...They need to steer clear also.

I guess I will have to post up another photo of myself at the 2005 WSOP event. In this one I am sitting next to Marsha Waggoner and John Phan is also at my table...and in the photo on the left. I don't look so sloppy in this one ;-)

One more just to prove that I am not a slob at the table...Notice no chips...OUCH

3 comments:

bubble boy said...

thanks gene for the update from tunica, sounds like you gave it a run but fell a little short, but don't fret there is still alot of poker left in you

Good to see some more pictures where u are dressed more like a pro poker player than a backup dancer for a Janet Jackson video, it your life and your style, i just feel when it comes to poker this is a buisness so let's dress like we are going to work and to a salt & pepper concert, but anyway the new pictures or nice and keep them coming( i like the pictures where the pros ares ittig at your table) that shows that u got game.

now to why i am writing, tonight i was able to eat at my favorite sin city steakhouse, PRIME, talk about a feast, but the best part of the meal was that i was able to have dinner with fellow blogger
Captainstacks, this is the first time i was able to meet him in person, talk about a character, and he wasn't lying he does have a handlebar mustache, the sick part about it is the women dig it, the man has game i have to give it him, he was even nice enough to pick up the tab, thanks again stacks, it was pleasure.

After dinner we decided to head to a place that captainstacks told me i would enjoy call the spearmint rhino, all I can say is WOW.
I had never been there but i could tell instanly that Mr. Stacks was a regular and this was not his first rodeo, after mingling for a while we journey into the VIP room, where there is two hot women sitting on a hot pink sofa with hardly nothing on except for a little G-string that was probaly no bigger than my Grandma's dental floss.

Both these girls were delighted to see Mr. Stacks, after introducing myself to the girls we sat down and shot the shit for a while while drinking a few beverages,
come to find out, one of the girls use to be on WCW wrestling, she did a little wrestling but her main character was to be the girlfriend of one the male wrestlers, after some good conversation the girls step out for a second and when they came back in, things got out of hand, I DON"T KNOW KNOW IF THESE GIRLS TOOK SOMETHING OR WHAT BUT WHEN THEY CAME BACK IN THEY WERE LIKE TWO WILD BEAST, the first girl tell Mr. Stacks that she wants to give me a free lap dance, so i sit in a chair while stacks and the other girl go sit on the sofa

The next thing I know, well I tell you what people, this is Stacks hangout and i don't know if he wants me to go into to much detail so i am going to stop here and let him finish the story if he chooses to, if not the next time you go to sin city go the spearmint rhino and ask for Lacy and sunshine, and believe me guys you won't get a bad beat

Tommorow, me and my two cousins that are also in Vegas for the WSOP, Chico and Vinny are going play golf at the Lake Las Vegas Resort golf courses they are some Jack Nicklaus signature golf courses and probaly the most beautiful course that i have ever played on. Captainstacks might meet us there if he can wake up early enough, lol, Stacks like to have fun but he isn't no spring chicken

Guys if you come to vegas and like to golf this is the place to go, here is the number to make reservations (877) 698-4653 you have to call you can't just show up

" She tried to cut me with a knife while I was sleeping"
" I just married the wrong lady, that is all there is to it"...........Big John Daly

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Whew! Guys I am whipped. I played in the $1500 event today after a night of debachery with that PIMP bubbleboy:) I just got knocked out moments ago. Really went card dead the last 4 hrs. Another 30 people or so from cashing. What really hurts is I was only 230 players away from a bracelet. It would be cool to have a bracelet winner on this blog. One of us might pull thru one day. Plenty of stories from the felt, i wont get into all of them tonight. I knocked out Jesus Ferguson, he had AK short stacked and I called with KQ and sucked a Q on river. Steve Dannenmann was at my first table, man he is a fuckin goober that wont shut up. That fuckin laugh, and if I gotta here him bring up Phil Hellmuth again. He acts like they have some kind of rivalry.We get it, Phils a punk. He got to me so I said " you thimk Phil gives a rats ass?" i think that bothered him, he replied "nice mustache" I said "thanks". A side note, the table next to me drew some attention one hand, I went and copied it from the WSOP site:

John White Takes Out Three
Alex Jacob raised to 5,000 from middle position, the button moved all in, John White moved all in from the small blind, the big blind moved all in, and Jacob called all in. Yes, you read that correctly. With all four players all in, their cards were flipped up. Jacob held the A8 , the button had A10 , White showed KK and the big blind flipped over AK . The flop was J 10 6, the turn was the 3 and the river was the 9 . White's kings held up and he eliminated all three players on the hand. White's stack was up to 64,000 after the triple-elimination.

WTF did Alex Jacob have a internet tournament to go play? A8? From that spot. This guy is what some here are saying is the next big thing. Nigga pleeze. He also looked like he was goin to a Grateful Dead concert with that jew fro.

Anyways looking forward to hooking up on the links with bubbleboy and his cuzzes. Maybe we can run over a soft 5-10 game and hit the town again. BB knows how to throw down, if Vinny and Chico are half as wild as BB we are in for some crazy shennanigans. They sound like some tough guys, just hope they are team players and not a couple of cockblockers.

Well I better get to sleep before I call this number on this business card this smokin chic handed me in the lobby. It doesnt say what she is selling but I bet it aint encyclopedias.

oh yea, lookin much better in those threads GeneD. BB, reminded me where I saw that hat now. It was driving me nuts cause I thought it was similiar to the guy who runs a peanut cart downtown. Its the hats from the Rythm Nation video.

Nasty! ....Nasty boys.. dont mean a thing. ....oh you nasty boys.

Janet Jackson

bubble boy said...

HELLO EVERYONE, I WANT TO WISH ALL THE DADS OUT THERE A HAPPY FARTHER'S DAY, I THOUGHT I WOULD SEE A HAPPY FARTHER'S DAY BLOG FROM GENED, BUT I GUESS NOT, I ASSUME YOU DON'T HAVE CHILDREN GENE.

WELL I AM BACK AT IT TOMMOROW, (POKER THAT IS) I TOOK THE THE WEEKEND OFF TO SPEND TIME WITH SOME FAMILY THAT CAME MEET ME UP HERE AND DO A LITTLE PARTYING.

AS I TOLD YOU BEFORE, I WENT PLAY GOLF. IT WAS SUPPOSE TO BE ME AND MY TWO COUSINS, BUT MY COUSIN VINNY COULD NOT MAKE OUT THERE, HE HAD A LITTLE RUN IN WITH THE LAW THE NIGHT BEFORE. VINNY DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT YOU CAN'T GO AROUND BREAKING PEOPLE JAWS OVER A LITTLE RIFF. YOU ARE IN VEGAS VINNY, NOT BACK HOME IN SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY. THE GOOD NEWS CAPTAINSTACKS SHOWED UP AND WAS ABLE TO PLAY.

THE GAMBLER THAT HE IS HE CHALLENGED ME TO A $100 A HOLE CONTEST. I HAD NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY, AND I FIGURED WITH 18 HOLES THE MOST I COULD LOSE WOULD BE $1800. WELL I AM A GAMBLING MAN SO I TOOK THE CHALLENGE. WELL, LONG STORY SHORT, AFTER WE WERE DONE, I OWED STACKS $800, THAT'S RIGHT 13 TO 5 HE BEAT ME. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER WHEN I SEEN HE HAD HIS SOCKS PULLED UP TO HIS PANTS THAT ENDED BY HIS KNEES. I THINK HE IS TRYING TO BRING BACK THE "PAYNE STEWART" WARDROBE. ANYWAY LESSON LEARNED, DON'T PLAY GOLF FOR MONEY UNTIL YOU SEE HOW GOOD THEY ARE.

I WISH EVERYBODY WHO WILL BE PLAYING POKER ANYWHERE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS LUCK, LET'S TAKE SOME MONEY HOME TO MOMMA.


" MOM,..THE MEATLOAF,... F@&^"

WILL FARRELL....WEDDING CRASHERS