Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Random thoughts and comments on this years WSOP

I was really down and out earlier in the week about coming home from the WSOP. It was tough to go after your dream, get close enough to smell and taste it, and then have the facet just turned off on you. WOW...Sobering for sure. I will be playing in the weekly freeze-out at Sam's Town tonight. It is a $80/$25 buy-in. I am getting my game face on, and plan on keeping at it.

Work...well is work. Getting my head back into it.

Brandi Hawbaker...I saw her at the WSOP getting interviewed with Sklansky. She was answering the questions while he sat there looking geek-ish. I swear I saw him staring at her boobs.

Poker Wire Radio...I got to listen to Alex Jacob on the ride yesterday and I agree with Wild Bill, he is the next superstar. He did get ribbed by Gavin Smith about there being 138 pros that were playing the PPL that did not play in the USPC. It was cool though...they were just joking around about it.

Hellmuth wins the 11th...WOW...I cannot believe it. The guy is loud and obnoxious at times, but you have to give it to him...he is good. That reminds me that I got to see the replay of when Varkoni shaved his head...Classic.

WSOP lines and Chaos...everyone is stating the obvious...its the worst I have ever seen it.

Worst hand that was played came from Daniel Alaei as told to Gavin Smith via Poker wire Radio. Daniel bet $3000.00 on the river into a $6000.00 pot with 5h4d with a board showing 9s9d3d3h6h...the donkfish calls with pocket deuces. Even if he doesn't have the straight...he wins with 5 high HaHaHaHaHaHa

Six degrees of separation...One of my sales guys lives next door to Moneymaker in Memphis. He is suppose to go with him to the pokerstars event in Aruba or Atlantis...somewhere...Damn is he lucky

I had to leave some of the cash with the wife. We have a patio to put up

"You know, my old man used to tell me, before he left this shitty world, the right woman can make you and the wrong one can break you" Don Johnson's Character Malboro Man in "Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man"

8 comments:

bubble boy said...

i might not be the smartest poker player but that hand you are talking about 9s9h3c3s6h sounds like that is a chopped pot, i don't think 5 high wins that, looks like they are playing the board, please respond GeneD

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Yep , that donkey made a good call or Gavin was high. Gene, you should have went up to sklansky to get a autograph,bs with him briefly about how the mentoring and WSOP was going, then ask " Is Brandi taking care of that twat these days"? ....But seriously
David is a saint for offering his help to that poor girl.


"I'll never forget the time I got caught stealing watermelons from old Mr. Barnslow's watermelon patch. I was with my friend Bobby. We were giggling so hard I thought I'd wet my pants! At first we tried to steal two watermelons each, but they were too heavy and we dropped them, and that made us laugh even harder. Finally, we each picked out a good one, and we were just about to sneak back through the fence when we heard a low, deep voice behind us. "Just where do you think you're going with those watermelons?" I gulped and turned around. It was old Mr. Barnslow, pointing his shotgun at us. Bobby dropped his watermelon, then pulled out the .38 revolver he kept in his waist, turned, and fired. But the turning must have thrown off his aim, because the shot only hit Mr. Barnslow in the thigh. Mr. Barnslow immediately fired both barrels at Bobby. One blast of buckshot missed entirely, but the other tore into Bobby's shoulder. He tried to fire back, but his shoulder was so torn up he couldn't raise his arm. Just as he was trying to switch to his left hand, Mr. Barnslow ran up and cracked him across the face with the butt of his shotgun. Bobby fell to the ground in a heap. Mr. Barnslow raised the butt of his gun to finish him off, but just then Bobby pulled out his hunting knife and plunged it into the farmer's big white belly. After that, I don't think I stole watermelons for at least a year".

Jack Handey

GeneD said...

Take 2...BB is right...I did not write down the hand while I listen to the radio. Just of the comment was Alaei had 5-4 and the board was double paired and the donkfish called on the river with 2-2 to lose to five high. If you want to listen, I think it is the episode with FBT as the quest

bubble boy said...

The was as follows

9c,9s,6h,6s,3d

that is how he won with his 5-4, thanks for clearing that up, i thoght for a second I was still high.

Thanks for that story Stacks, makes me think twice of taking old lady's quarters at the slots when they aren't paying attention, you never know what they have in their fannypacks

GeneD, has far as Alex Jacobs, he is a solid player, but how long do you think he can honestly get away with that (I am such a dummy) look that he has while he plays, peolpe think they are playing with a moron or retard because of the way he looks, they will catch on to him, i played with him in a tournament a while back and I eneded up on his table day two with about 95 peolpe left and I caught on to his game. He must have knocked out four peolpe while I was at the table, but I was reading him like a Third Grade Dr. Suess Book, Twice he tried to check raise me after the river. Once I made the call and caught him on a bluff, the other time I fired back at his ass and went all in over the top and he just smirked, told me he had a good hand and folded. The third hand I flop a set, and after the river he is betting to represent a flush as the third heart came on the board. I make the call and all he has is middle pair with top kicker. Don't give this guy to much credit GeneD, he isn't no better than you and me. And he dresses like he just finished picking up seashells at the beach, he needs to tighen up

GeneD said...

BB leave me the link to your Blog. It is ashamed that we are pals and I don't even know where your blog is

bubble boy said...

http://pokerprodreams/bubbleblogs/pokerfriends/writings.com

this is my old one GeneD, it should still work, I am in the process of starting a new one and will give it to you as soon as it is up.

The old one had a monthly memebership so that is why i stoped posting on it


"Wax on, Wax off"...Old chinease man

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

I agree BB the sloppy style of these players today is getting ridiculous. Of course its mostly these internet players. What ever happened to class? I never wear anything less than slacks,wingtips, and a nice button up shirt. Being that I have a handlebar mustache (much like Rollie Fingers) I can never wear flip flops,cap and baggy shorts. And thank goodness. If I get in the main event I will be wearing my tux and maybe my top hat.

Go to MustacheAficianado.com and look at October 2004. Yours truly has a pic for Stache of the Month.

Hello my baby , hello my darling , hello my ragtime girrrrrl! " - Classic from 1920s

slowplayjay said...

i like those kind of mustaches, i bet you like the little guy on the Monopoly game with your top hat and tux, that is a fun game