Saturday, June 23, 2007

UFC and a relaxing Sat night

Me and my wife have been watching the The Ultimate Fighter 5 all season, and we are moderate fans. I will say that it is the best reality show that I have seen so far. It really is great to see MMA really take off. We ahve been looking forward to this night all week, and I have some bets with guys at my work.

My predictions: I really like Nate Diaz to take the TUF championship. I think he is a stand up guy that will tell you what on his mind. His brother Nick has helped him get that attitude of "don't let no one push you around". Stand up and fight if you have to. So, obviously, I am going with Nate Diaz over Manny Gambarayn.

I really like Jens Pulver as the coach. I think he is a cooler person in general than BJ Penn although I would love to see him beat BJ, I don;t think that is what is going to happen. I think BJ may just be more "hungry" to make up for the lost to Jens years ago.

I keep seeing that Burger King commercial for the "Western Whopper", and I can't help but crack up laughing thinking about Captain Stacks. That mustache on the commercial is soooo cool. It reminds me of the Cap. I keep thinking of him doing that little "Ho-down" dance ;-)...I hope you are tearing them up in Vegas Captain Satcks!!!

"The first rule of Operation Mayhem is ...you do not ask questions" Brad Pitt's character Tyler in "Fight Club"

3 comments:

bubble boy said...

nothing wrong with spending quality time with the wife GeneD, don't get me wrong chasing women is fun, but I have been in your shoes three times and it isn't a bad thing. As far as the fights, you got to go with Diaz, i use to run with a gang growing up and the leader was a Diaz, that is one bad family

BullFeathers said...

UFC? Such a sordid affair, positively ghastly.

I discovered this blog by following the posters from Vanessa Selbst blog. For the most part I'm impressed. However, for those reading this one that would like a more sophisticated look at poker please vist mine.

While I don't have scones and tea, I do have far more gentlemenly fare than this tripe. I have updated things that are at least poker related and not so boorish as shirtless men dryhumping each other. If I want to watch that I can just go down to the bathhouse on the weekends instead of Tuesdays.

GeneD, despite you tripping up on this last post, and I'd advocate you deleting it (I WILL MAKE A NOTATION IF YOU DON'T), the rest of your posts pass mustard and we appear to be kindred spirits. Though separated by an Atlantic Ocean we are as one with our love of poker. Please take a moment and visit my blog and steer your readers there too. A quick advert:
http://pokerintherearliquorinthefront.blogspot.com/

CaptainStacks "King of Cash" said...

Bullfeathers your one sick dude.

Hey lads check out my Aussie friend. We are hanging out the next few days. He has a great page but not for the meek.

http://lasvegascroc.blogspot.com/2007/05/doo-doo-on-my-little-fella.html